SoCal North - Page 746 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #7451 (permalink)

Cool, Cool, Cool! Great Fun ride today with Semperfit and the wives. I had a blast and the I think the Wives had a good time too.

Thank God for "Fall Back" on the clocks, Rode the bike Saturday night after work to La Quinta from my work north of Barstow, 176 miles. I had to stop at the 4000 ft sign and throw in the Jacket liner. I have to admit the 247 across the desert at night is pretty sketchy.

Got up Sunday morning and me and the Miss's drove 76 miles to 29 Palms. Little nippy, but not bad.

Funny thing, I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and the whole way thru Yucca Valley, All I could smell was bacon, We are talking 40 miles of Bacon. I was starving when we rolled into Denny's in 29 Palms.

Marty and Sandy rolled in a few minutes behind us.

Man, you gotta love those Midnights. Marty has his set up nice, Really do like the Fairing, the Pics do not do it justice.

Actually the Breakfast at Denny's was pretty darn good! I had to have a double order of bacon since I'd been smelling it for the past 40 miles.

We started our ride around 9 and we were right at the entrance to Joshua Tree. It had warmed up to about 70 by then, NO WIND, Clear as a bell, beautiful! The road was the perfect road for leaving the bike in 4th and just cruising. The elevation changes and sweeping turns were so relaxing and scenery was breath taking. Visibility had to have been 50+ miles.

Joshua Tree is a favorite place for rock climbers and driving past the folks hangin 50 to 100 feet in the air was a sight to see.

40 miles went by in flash, and when we left the park we stoped into a Starbucks and had some coffee.

Parted ways around 12 and rolled into La Quinta around 1.

Got to do it again. We were all talking, and a ride Marty and Sandy recomended was Pioneer Town and I've always wanted to hit up the Palm Springs Tram.

Maybe in Dec for Pioneer town.

Will post some pics as soon as I dig out the right computer. (still moving stuff)

G
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #7452 (permalink)

Default Joshua Tree Pic

Here's a Pic I took on my phone. More to follow later.
G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ride to Joshua Tree.jpg (303.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #7453 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmfrow View Post
they told me the part is in . Yeah !!!
Frank, did you get the new part? Give me a call if you want me to come by again to slap it in for you so we can go riding. I am sure the fella are itching to go riding again!
kichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #7454 (permalink)

Yup got ur back on the road Today. Now to get My Bro. out there again. went out with My Brother today road around Canyon Country, It was a great day today.Also I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Shezzzzzzz time to get this tonnage off LOL :-D

Last edited by wmfrow; 11-24-2012 at 09:57 PM.
wmfrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #7455 (permalink)

keichiguy and rifleman still have their rides.

I saw riffleman at the Loveride, glad he didn't sell the midnight
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #7456 (permalink)

I know this is a little late and out of the way for most of you folks, but, me and the Miss's are going on a ride Sunday in the La Quinta area this Sunday around noon. Thinking of going to Pioneer Town or Riding up the Mountain on Monterey Drive.

The Miss's is living in La Quinta for work now, and it is unreal. Last Saturday night we rode to El Paseo Drive in Palm Desert. It was around 70, perfect, no rain, no wind Perfect!

Rodeo Drive has nothing on El Paseo Drive. You should see the Porsche for sale at Tiffinay's.

Gotta admite, Driving the 247 from Barstow at night is pretty sketchy. Zombieland!

Anybody up for it? send me a PM

G
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #7457 (permalink)

Hey I live in cathedral city a few miles from la Quinta but I'm working Sunday and don't get of until 2:30 get at me n maybe we can meet afterwards some were cant find anybody out here that ride a warrior so it'll be cool to hang out .let me know n ride safe

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #7458 (permalink)

hey if u want ill be done with my kids soccer games about 2pm if u want we can meet up somewere here in the valley just let me know ride safe.
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #7459 (permalink)

Hey DB
I'll be down in La Quinta around noon. Have to check in with the wife and see whats up 1st. I know she had a pretty tough week. want to make sure she's ok 1st. I'm gonna send you a pm.

G
Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #7460 (permalink)

G, let me know if you head up to Pioneer Town, if we arent doing anything we might be down for a ride.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Ride Club > U.S. West Coast