New from Atlanta, GA - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thats a good looking bike! Welcome to the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yep...welcome to the forum. Nice ride bro.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloMo View Post
also i think i might need to move my handlebars a tiny bit back, to be comfortable. I found a bunch of thread talking about different kinds of risers but im new to these bikes and am not sure whats involved. Can anyone quickly brief me or point me to a thread that explains what i could do to get my bars back a little bit? (i need just like an inch closer to me). I dont want to raise them higher if i can help it, just back. Which riser can i use to accomplish this and is it fairly easy? i can do it without messing with the cables? Would appreciate any info , thanks in advance
You have drag bars on your bike which have risers built into them. As far as i know the only way to get the bars to move back any further would be to get a new set of bars with a longer pullback. Most bars that have the risers buildt in specify the rise .ie. heigth from the top of the forks and the pullback ie distance they come back towards the seat. if you had seperate risers and bars then you could just change the bars for bars that pull back a bit further or you could change your risers to a set with a bit more rise and more pullback or depending on the angle of the bars in the risers you could maybe rotate them a bit however in your case you would eiother need new bars or a seat that pushes you further Forward. I do not think that spacers would help either as they would move the bars higher but not further back unsless you could get a set of spacers that had an angle machined into them that woul angle your bars back a bit.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum midnight's are the fastest and sexiest...
Old 11-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Welcome Mo.....I mean Slo.....I mean......welcome like your bikes look....
gchalifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christok View Post
You have drag bars on your bike which have risers built into them. As far as i know the only way to get the bars to move back any further would be to get a new set of bars with a longer pullback. Most bars that have the risers buildt in specify the rise .ie. heigth from the top of the forks and the pullback ie distance they come back towards the seat. if you had seperate risers and bars then you could just change the bars for bars that pull back a bit further or you could change your risers to a set with a bit more rise and more pullback or depending on the angle of the bars in the risers you could maybe rotate them a bit however in your case you would eiother need new bars or a seat that pushes you further Forward. I do not think that spacers would help either as they would move the bars higher but not further back unsless you could get a set of spacers that had an angle machined into them that woul angle your bars back a bit.
Thanks Christok! Good info. I think the seat would be the way to go. Now just to figure which seat might give me about 1 inch of forward position. Like literally the seat I have now if the back cure that supports the lower back was 1/2 inch forward my position would be perfectly comfortable. I'll try to do. Search and see which seats might give me that. Thanks guys
SloMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

SloMo
Welcome to the 4m!
I'm tellin ya I went thru the same thing. I came from 25+ years of riding BMW's. More of a standard bike style of seating and hand controls. The forward pegs killed my lower back after a tank full of gas.

Changed seats, bars, pegs, fairings etc, etc. I finally found a combo that works great for me. Yami TT bars, Yami Boulevard fairing and for long straights my
Comfortable Foot Pegs mod.

One thing I have noticed lately, I do not use the comfortable foot pegs as much as I use to. I think my body is getting use to the forward controls.

Leader Deuce tried them and didn't care for them, so they're not for everybody, but it is a cheap mod.
2 1/2 years and 30,000 miles and my back doesn't hurt a bit.

Again welcome to the 4m,

G
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

You can add riser extensions, like these:

Harley Sportster Handlebar Riser Extensions Custom Sizes to Fit Most Any Bike | eBay

I have bought 2 sets from the guy and they work as advertised.

If you want more details or pictures let me know...
LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default Welcome!!

Good looking Midnight! Almost like mine except for the fatty on the back. How far do the forward controls move your feet??
Wolfmanhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderDuece View Post
You can add riser extensions, like these:

Harley Sportster Handlebar Riser Extensions Custom Sizes to Fit Most Any Bike | eBay

I have bought 2 sets from the guy and they work as advertised.

If you want more details or pictures let me know...
Oh this looks like a good idea. So they should work with my drag bars? I would love to see pics of yours. Also wondering if **** make me a custom one which gives a bit more lean than height since I just need maybe an inch closer to the bars.
SloMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > The Welcome Mat