Researching before buying - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'm a BIG fan of chrome, no surprise, but a well-done midnight with a chrome exhaust hits me right in the chest, I love 'em especially in Yamaha Black. I know, I know: lot's of people do. Its cool. While wifey was shopping for a second bike in 08 and 09 she considered a Warrior so I know the midnight carried a bit bigger MSRP at that time. Also, it seemed to me at the time she was shopping that the midnights were more popular as they generally sold-out each of those years while the chrome bikes had left over stock. That was the same with a lot of other bikes too, midnights grabbed a lot of attention.

I agree its possible there were more chrome bikes built than midnights in those two model years but I don't know either way so can't help with that. I can only reach back to one of several websites I've used for years to compile 'stock' RSW details for our documentation files. At the following website I found each year that the listed MSRP's always matched the Yami/Star website, although some tech-spec errors existed because they essentially copied the Yamaha posted text and did not go back to make corrections like Yamaha marketing did.

Source: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Yamaha-RoadStarMidnightWarrior.htm

2008 RSW MSRP (USD):
Chrome: $12,649.00
Midnight: $12,849.00

2009 RSW MSRP (USD):
Chrome: $13,190.00
Midnight: $13,390.00

In 2008 and 2009 I saw chrome Warriors discounted from MSRP on dealer showrooms and midnight Warriors that were less discounted and although I didn't see a grand difference it wasn't far off in a Beaverton Oregon dealership. I remember because I shook my head: the midnight version costs less to manufacture but earned a premium selling price due to popularity at the time. Dunno if its the same today but it seems like I see plenty of new leftover chrome Warriors still for sale and not as many new leftover midnight Warriors . . . again, maybe because fewer were made?

Of course it's no secret that for me and a lot of others its CHROME CHROME CHROME!

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 11-26-2012 at 02:17 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums Tom!

I'm in the camp that sees the Warrior as a fun bike that loves to be modified and it'll probably be different from anything you have experienced before. It'll dependably play in the twisties better than the usual cruisers (but its sport bike legacy doesn't make it a true sport bike . . . it's a V2 at heart). It'll cruise local and distance with the best of them, and it'll suck you into the addictive vibrations of any great 'big-cube-V2' motor. The motor and suspension can be set-up in different ways, and the bike itself can be modified to make what-ever statement is 'in you' to be made. Its addictive if you drop your guard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mot View Post
Names Tom, got a couple of Warriors I've got my eyes on right now. Just looking around the site gathering all of the information I can before purchasing. Come from a sport bike background and would like to get a cruiser this time and not a fan of a harley rattling itself apart. If that's your thing, more power to ya. Got a Lance Evo that takes all of my "put back together time".

Looking forward to learning more about these bikes.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 11-26-2012 at 02:26 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #23 (permalink)

The Warrior was the best of both worlds for me. Cruise when I want to and twisties can be navigated when needed. The power is there and the sound of the bikes pipes is totally what I wanted without over paying for a HD to get it. Love my bike.
Ove the forum for information, guidance, fun and suggestions for modifications to make it my own. Go Warrior and you may never go back!

Yep that's just the way it is!
Stay in the word!
Member 24379
twicechosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #24 (permalink)

Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > The Welcome Mat