Greetings from Oregon! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Greetings from Oregon!

Hi all!
I will be buying my Warrior this Saturday from a dealership in Washington and I couldn't be more excited! Any tips when it comes down to talking price? I have cash and hope that gives me a little buying power.

Its a 2006 midnight mostly stock with 5k on her. They are asking 6,700.

...but anyway, excited to be here too! I've wanted a warrior for almost 5 years and have been trolling this site ever since :P
Silent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Check out the Bluebook values in your area first to see what the average price is for that bike in average condition. That is a starting point. Cash in hand? When you make an offer you can offer whatever you want to offer on it and when you start counting off $100 bills to them that's cash in the hand. Hard to leave cash on the table knowing you are serious. If you want to really negoitate tell them that you have been on the forum and have seen other bikes on here for a lower price, which is true, check out the classified section.... This will give you someplace to start.

By the way welcome to the 4m. The BEST place for help and information on the Warrior.

Yep that's just the way it is!
Stay in the word!
Member 24379
twicechosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Took a quick look at the Nov. 2012 used bike values in Motorcycle Consumer News......$6,700 is in the range they cited [that's a national figure; YMMV depending on location, time of year, and the condition of the bike]. Take a look at ebay and see if there were any recent sales for a similar model. Just a few more data points that, along with what twicechosen suggested, may or may not help you negotiate. Their price is not out of line, but you should be able to negotiate down a bit.

...and welcome to the 4m
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum!!!!
oopps.....was I supposed to say anything....you handle says "SILENT"......wasn't sure if.....AH never mind.....this isn't funny...

Welcome!!!! man good luck on your purchase!!!! tell ya what. When it comes right down to it,if you feel like your getting the shaft, then the deal sucks.

But if you feel like you are getting a fair deal, then you been successful right!. So if the $6700. like others have stated is "in the ball park"...and you can get them to bring it down a little, then personally, I think you will have done well.

be up front with the guy. Are you and can you be prepared to fire it up and road test it? Give it a good thorough looking over. Pop the seat and pull the oil dipstick to see what condition the oil is in....etc etc.....I mean with 5k mile, this is basically a brand new bike.

good luck man!....keep us posted!!!
g
gchalifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision to purchase a warrior. If he will not come down in price you may be able to get him to throw in a few goodies that can be handy. maybe they have some warrior parts that may interest you sitting in the back that they have not been able to sell. If not get him to throw in a good trickle charger and a helmet or something like that. be prepared to be bitten by the mod bug so any cash you have left in your pocket after your purchase will soon be gone. with respect to price, if you like the bike and are happy with what you paid then you are getting a good deal.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Does anyone know of any recalls on the 2006 model that he needs to be concerned about or ask the dealer about?

Yep that's just the way it is!
Stay in the word!
Member 24379
twicechosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cps recall I think was the only one for 2006. Also I picked up my 06' with the same amount of miles for $5,000. The dealer is throwing quite a markup on that warrior, i would say look for one privately own unless you're really desperate to get one.

Last edited by madtom421; 12-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

If that's the blue book value for this time of the year **sales are slowwwwww** talk them down $5-$600 at least and make that your tag,title & out the door price. Dealers normally price their inventory a bit higher for haggling buyers. Just be firm with your offer/s and ****please look the bike over closely & test ride it**** before you sit down to nego.
BiggG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

If they want 6700.00, then I would offer 5500 cash, right now. Let them see the money. They will work you up, but only as much as you let them.

Tell them you are deciding between this and that and see if they really want to sell it. Sometimes, especially in winter, they need to move the bike, even at cost....good to go when it is raining....Be prepared to leave "to think about it"

Welcome to the forum and soon to be a warrior brother....be safe and let's see some pics once you get it.

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez) www.rswarriordocs.com

Proper way to check oil level https://www.starmotorcycles.com/star...2&mid=60&tid=8
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awesome advice guys! This will help a ton!

...and thanks for the warm welcome guys! I've been a member of other forums before with my other hobbies. I'll be sure to contribute as much as I can Hopefully the next time I talk to you guys It will be a s Warrior owner!
Silent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > The Welcome Mat