Report: Cherohala Skyway road conditions - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Report: Cherohala Skyway road conditions

24 degrees at the top yesterday, lots of snow & lots of ice + SALT!!

Went for ribsoverinMurphy NC & took the scenic route in a cage.
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

1640 Riverside Drive
Hill Valley CA

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

woody_church@comcast.net

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/memb...cture19388.jpg
Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Report: Cherohala Skyway road conditions

I can't believe you didn't take the bike. I have not ridden my bike in at least a month. In my younger days I never let the bike sit more then two weeks.
preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherman

I can't believe you didn't take the bike. I have not ridden my bike in at least a month. In my younger days I never let the bike sit more then two weeks.
Yep, you're old You too Woody

Sometimes I sit and think, Sometimes I just sit

A collective cowardice called Political Correctness has slowly stifled American Pride with a brainwashing of shame and guilt.

Diversity is a disease. Unity is the cure

"I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take someone else's money." - Thomas Sowell
warriordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

69 degrees, and snowing F/1-18 around here
whitefeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have gear & was out on both bikes in the AM before I put them up for the winter --- in my family room. I think I need some pictures on the walls to compliment the bikes.

I took the ol woman for ribs, she don't ride anymore hehehe. There was still alot of bi***ing.

A fewnotes from yesterday.

Her--There's a terrable draft on the floor of this car. Me--I'm sure there is, I have my window1/2 open because your smoking..

Her--Are the roads this curvy all the way to where we are going? Me--No, they get alot worse.

Her--There's snow on the ground!! Me-- Nochid, we are 6000 ft up & its 24 degrees outside.

Her--Look, those guys have rifles. Me--They might behunting. Did you bring your hat with the antlers?

Her--Whats that orange box thats lit up on the dashboard?Me--Its the digital speedo readout, can you see it? Her--No. Me--Thats a good thing.

Her--This car is no good for a long trip the seats are uncomfortable. Me--Huh? they are 6 way power with a power reclining back, power side bolsters & a 3 section lumbar individually adjustable, whats not to like? Her--There not heated like on my car. Me--GRRRRRRR.

Her--Why don't they have guard rails along this road if you go off the side & go down no one will ever find you. Me--You should take this road when you drive over to see your sister in NC, its a short cut & it will save you alot of time. At this point I wonder for split second what would be worse, loosing the ol woman off the side of a mountain or having the car totaled. Get real, I really like that car.
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

1640 Riverside Drive
Hill Valley CA

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

woody_church@comcast.net

Old 12-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

That's some funny stuff there Woody.

Sometimes I sit and think, Sometimes I just sit

A collective cowardice called Political Correctness has slowly stifled American Pride with a brainwashing of shame and guilt.

Diversity is a disease. Unity is the cure

"I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take someone else's money." - Thomas Sowell
warriordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

he he
Jon_Cocktoastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Woody, I have a 91 Nissan NX2000 that has been trashed by my teenager that you could "borrow". Car only has 191K, shot clutch, clicking CV's and most of the interior sitting I don't know where. Just to make her happy, he changed out the exhaust to a "tuner" exhaust and it is worst riding in that car than on my bike with short pipes. If you wife doesn't make it to her sister's, just let me know as I need to keep insurance on the vehicle because it cheaper than what on a newer car. On a plus side, it does have t-tops that you could remove before you send her out. I can't vouch for the heater, but I know the A/C works (see T-tops comment). You can even use what gas that is in it because I'm such a nice guy.
allsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allsmiles

Woody, I have a 91 Nissan NX2000 that has been trashed by my teenager that you could "borrow". Car only has 191K, shot clutch, clicking CV's and most of the interior sitting I don't know where. Just to make her happy, he changed out the exhaust to a "tuner" exhaust and it is worst riding in that car than on my bike with short pipes. If you wife doesn't make it to her sister's, just let me know as I need to keep insurance on the vehicle because it cheaper than what on a newer car. On a plus side, it does have t-tops that you could remove before you send her out. I can't vouch for the heater, but I know the A/C works (see T-tops comment). You can even use what gas that is in it because I'm such a nice guy.

Thanks for the offer but I'll just play out the hand I have.
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

1640 Riverside Drive
Hill Valley CA

woody_church@comcast.net

Old 12-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchkey

I have gear & was out on both bikes in the AM before I put them up for the winter --- in my family room. I think I need some pictures on the walls to compliment the bikes.

I took the ol woman for ribs, she don't ride anymore hehehe. There was still alot of bi***ing.

A fewnotes from yesterday.

Her--There's a terrable draft on the floor of this car. Me--I'm sure there is, I have my window1/2 open because your smoking..

Her--Are the roads this curvy all the way to where we are going? Me--No, they get alot worse.

Her--There's snow on the ground!! Me-- Nochid, we are 6000 ft up & its 24 degrees outside.

Her--Look, those guys have rifles. Me--They might behunting. Did you bring your hat with the antlers?

Her--Whats that orange box thats lit up on the dashboard?Me--Its the digital speedo readout, can you see it? Her--No. Me--Thats a good thing.

Her--This car is no good for a long trip the seats are uncomfortable. Me--Huh? they are 6 way power with a power reclining back, power side bolsters & a 3 section lumbar individually adjustable, whats not to like? Her--There not heated like on my car. Me--GRRRRRRR.

Her--Why don't they have guard rails along this road if you go off the side & go down no one will ever find you. Me--You should take this road when you drive over to see your sister in NC, its a short cut & it will save you alot of time. At this point I wonder for split second what would be worse, loosing the ol woman off the side of a mountain or having the car totaled. Get real, I really like that car.

Woody,can you give mewonderful woman's email address.There is a certain post from the forum I'd like to send to her.Then we can wait for the "mushroom cloud" over your place.I'm sure you need a little excitement since you've put the bikes up for the season.
btm_fdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Ride Club > U.S. South East