alberta - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default alberta

calgary member ....signing in
carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

. . . are you guys going for a ride . . . signing in for what!!!!
arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
. . . are you guys going for a ride . . . signing in for what!!!!
it says canadians check in here man....im freekin all alone up here...am i the only one in alberta with a warrior?,arizonawarrior.....what,u get to ride all year.we get to ride for 3 months and most of that is with a snow suit on.sorry,did that come across as hostel?so to answer your question....NO,were probably not going for a ride.....thanks for the reminder...
Old 05-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

I moved from upstate NY to Texas so I could ride all year and shoot big "horned" deer. Our deer look tiny compared to an Alberta deer. Now a new tradition is to go for a ride on Christmas day I love riding all year. Your welcome to come down any time to go riding.
robaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

you throw out offers like that were liable to take you up on it....im not kidding,their callin for -6 tomorrow and snow up here..it was 21 today...well,i mean in canadian temp..its mental...i know times are tuff all over but at least you guys can get bugs in your teeth when ever u want....enjoy.....and yeah,our deer yer gonna want to put down quick...cuz if your too close and you dont,you could have a serious problem on your hands,and if its a long shot youll never find em again....saw a grizzly last week outside of banff on the side of the road....had to go 400 pounds...and its just started the year....we grow everything big up here....
Old 05-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

I hit a bug -must have been a June bug or something- this morning on the way to work (on my 34 mile one way jaunt ) -I swear that thing went through my jaw and came out my neck. I went in to the bathroom expecting to see a bruise it hurt so much.

Hitting bugs isn't always fun and games you know

So, is "-6" like "20 below" to us?

I think there is another Alberta rider -maybe his name was even AlbertaWarrior. Have to think about it...

Edit-Soo.... I see you are from Calgary, not Alberta. My bad...

Very well, carry on
LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Calgary is the city. Alberta is the province or what yoid call a state. And u guys are in degrees where we are in celcius. Bottom line is 0 and below is the same i think for both. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. And ya i know the feeling about bugs. Got hit in the chest with a bee the size of a nickel. Though i accually had been shot. I pulled over to look for an entry hole and when i opened my jacket the sum b***h flew away hows that fair?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
Calgary is the city. Alberta is the province or what yoid call a state. And u guys are in degrees where we are in celcius. Bottom line is 0 and below is the same i think for both. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. And ya i know the feeling about bugs. Got hit in the chest with a bee the size of a nickel. Though i accually had been shot. I pulled over to look for an entry hole and when i opened my jacket the sum b***h flew away hows that fair?
Yeah, I wrote a simple program for my calculator to convert celsius to fahrenheit and back. I use it to teach students how to write programs.

If you're at -6, we're at 21.2 degrees. That's frickin cold, and I'm not riding in that either! If it was zero to us, it would be -17.78 to you

Well, at least you didn't get the bee in a fullface helmet. Ever have that kind of excitement? Imagine trying to pull over on the freeway before you get stung in the ear
Old 05-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

in the helmet...yeeeshh....ok you win,on just the fear factor alone...did it accually sting you? nice obituary,rider dies after bee sting to the eye,survived the sting but not the oncoming semi.............and ya we rode on christmas day last year just to say we did...it was -5 but the roads were clear,,,,with our wind chill thats about -20..........needless to say we didnt get far

Last edited by carver; 05-17-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

No but feeling it try to crawl in my ear was pretty bad. I might win that one but you win the polar bear award

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Ride Club > Canada