QLD Ride and overnighter to Maidenwell - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking QLD Ride and overnighter to Maidenwell

Sorry if this sounds impersonal I copied and pasted from the event I created on Facebook: Date: 6th May, meeting times TBC

WE have been invited to go and check out the new management at the Maidenwell Hotel and have worked out that this is a good weekend to go (nothing to do with it being just after my birthday, honest!). A reccy mission was successfully completed last weekend at least that's our excuse eh Lynley? I will be talking to the pub about accommodation that is available for those that don't want to camp. They have some rooms and a dorm that sleeps six in an enclosed verandah ( $25 per single bed, bedding etc supplied) So I will post later to let everyone know what is available, otherwise there is of course free camping. They have promised if we get a few people togther they will put on some live music for us and make sure we are looked after.

The aim is to get there probably around 3pm ish with a pub lunch stop during the ride. At this stage there will be a southside meeting point and a northside one ( BP Bruce highway North) Probably leaving the northside around 10-10.30am. Suggestions for lunch stop and ride routes (not roots) very welcome. looking to get some nice twisty roads but a ride suitable for all.

All friends old and new welcome to attend (Sunstate or not), and it has been requested that I let the Warrior boys know as we all love you! Please let me know if you can make it as I will need to keep the pub informed. any questions, pm or text/call me.
Looking forward to catching up with you all!
Stay upright
D'Tart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just a quick update guys, if anyone is keen to come get in quick as there a re only a few rooms at the pub which we have already booked ( and it looks like filled) but there is an enclosed verandah dorm style room which can comfortably accommodate six ( possibly a couple more) in proper single beds for $25 bucks each. I will happily book this for the Warrior boys providing you let me know sooner rather than later as I can only hold them for so long.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Unhappy No one? really?

Ok Guys so I am assuming as not a single person has replied that no one is interested in coming to this. No Worries if I don't hear anything by the weekend I will give the beds to other people who have said they want to come as I have been holding the Dorm room for the Warriors til now.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

That's a bit disappointing.
If I lived a bit closer I'd have liked to have come along.
Would be a good weekend.
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Tart View Post
Ok Guys so I am assuming as not a single person has replied that no one is interested in coming to this. No Worries if I don't hear anything by the weekend I will give the beds to other people who have said they want to come as I have been holding the Dorm room for the Warriors til now.
D'Tart

Been overseas for a while and now back since 2 weeks.
Bills are huge, work is killing me and much more.
But will see if I can make it. Do not organise a bed, as I will take a swag or something if I can make it.

Dutch
NL_NZ_SA_AU
Flyingdutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ok Dtart

I have the following,

Heff yes
Hendo yes
Matty yes
Dutch maybe
Trevor Maybe
10Ft Yes

Plus I have some other mates that can fill in if the maybes can't attend

Heff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Awesome stuff! Sounds good, thanks for chasing up captain Heff! I will confirm the meeting times and points and a rough idea of the route in the next few days and book the Dorm for you guys. Bedding is supplied and its $25 per bed.
Looking forward to catching up with you all
D
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ok guys, we're are all good to go. Meet at BP Morayfield North 9.30 for a 10.00am leave, heading out to Esk then up through the Hampton's and Bunya with a second meet and re-fuel at Esk, lunch stop around Goombungee somewhere and settled in the pub at Maidenwell around 3.30pm. will let you know the exact route on the day as we will have some slower riders on the day so if you guys want to go for a squirt we will catch you up. 6 beds booked in Dorm @ $25 each incl bedding. I will check that the cafe is open Sunday morning for fuel and brekkie. If we have extras on the day, they are very welcome but will need to bring something to sleep in!
See you on the 6th
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yee Ha looking forward to it. My Birthday after midnight.

Heff

heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Ride Club > Australia