tricky air ride brand new - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I think he means you can fill it with air to the max and that will stiffen the ride.
But that extra elevation seems sorta counter-intuitive to the reason for a tricky.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadog View Post
Now I'm curious as to how you can stiffen the ride? I thought the air systems just lifts the bike?

One o the reasons I've never went with air, just my 900# spring and Rams links.

To stiffen the ride make sure the valve on top is fully tightened, no adjustment on the top valve. On the bottom valve if you adjust it in completely that will give you a bouncy cushy ride, completely out will stiffen the ride. Don't worry the valve adjustment screw will not come off, it's built in. I got this information direct from TAS after I purchased the unit. It works! The ride hide setting does not give you a softer or harder ride.

USAF Veteran
NRA Instructor
REPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to matt_76 Send a message via Skype™ to matt_76

There is no valve on top on mine. Just the one on the bottom. Chrome tricky cylinder from 2 years ago.

matt_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

I think on the top he means on the compressor.
There should be two valves on the entire system. The one by the compressor/solenoid controls how fast the bike lowers when the switch is pressed. And the one on the cylinder controls the how fast air enters/exits during compression. not sure if you call that dampening or rebound?
The ride is different for sure with tricky and regular or even lowered suspension. In my opinion it depends on how you ride and what level of comfort you have during that type of riding.
There is no right or wrong answer of what is better just pros and cons.
p-wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-wii View Post
I think on the top he means on the compressor.
There should be two valves on the entire system. The one by the compressor/solenoid controls how fast the bike lowers when the switch is pressed. And the one on the cylinder controls the how fast air enters/exits during compression. not sure if you call that dampening or rebound?
The ride is different for sure with tricky and regular or even lowered suspension. In my opinion it depends on how you ride and what level of comfort you have during that type of riding.
There is no right or wrong answer of what is better just pros and cons.

I got my information direct from TAS, I was told that the valve located at the bottom controls the amount of dampening absobrtion you get , not how fast the air exits the cylinder. I know because I've used it and I use a dump valve if I need to let the air out quickly.

USAF Veteran
NRA Instructor
REPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think your saying the same thing I am. I will say however I have talked to a few people directly from tricky who have no idea what they are talking about. Not that I know everything about their product, but it know how mechanics work.
p-wii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well, U Tube is never wrong! (just kidding) Listen to the forum members-they may save you from kicking yourself later!
rumblemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - For Sale > Warrior Parts and Accessories