Warrior Of The Year 2016 Winner!! - MMFB - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Warrior Of The Year 2016 Winner!! - MMFB

The winner of our 6th annual Warrior of the Year is MMFB!

It was another very close race this year, but MMFB (Mark) won with 13 votes. Not only is Mark an active and helpful member of our little tribe here on the forum but he has a wicked Warrior well deserved of the title of Warrior of the Year. It's hard to believe that his Warrior is his very first motorcycle. In his first post from 5 years ago (see below) you'll see how he even started modding it before he even rode it! The mod bug strikes early around here. He eventually would teach himself how to and then eventually make his own turbo setup without buying a prefabbed kit!

For winning Warrior of the Year, Mark was going to get a $100 gift card donated by the site owners Vertical Scope. But he PM'd me and requested that his winnings be sent to our runner-up, Milkman (Monty) as he thought Monty could use it in the Ukraine with his limited resources more than he could. How's that for showing the true essence of brotherhood that makes this site the awesome place that it is!!

MMFB

Congrats brother!

About MMFB

Real Name Mark

Member Since 02-08-2012

Post Count 1,706

Location Beech Grove, IN
Occupation RN in the ER at trauma center in Indianapolis
Interests Music, Martial Arts, and Motorcycles!

First Post on the forum http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/4-welcome-mat/177073-newbie-indiana.html#post2263419

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMFB ... 02-20-2012, 05:42 AM View Post
I brought my new ride home this evening. This is my first bike. Always wanted to have one and now I've finally done it. I've only ridden a few times and I'm planning on taking the ABATE course as soon as it's available. I've already started to mod the bike and I haven't even ridden it yet. It is an '06, red with Vance and Hines Big Shot, Fi2000, aftermarket handlebars, etc. It's in really good shape. I'll have to post pictures soon.
M

MMFB's Warrior

Model Year 2006

Color Custom metal flake, metallic and airbrushed paint job

Size 1700 Turbo

Modifications

CP1120B Handle bars.
Glowshift EGT and Boost gauges
MHI TD04HL-13T turbo
Power Commander 5 with AutoTune
Dynojet POD 300 display
Custom headers and exhaust
Earls fittings
K&N filter
Filterwears filter cover
Seat shaved and gel added, then professionally recovered
FPR relocation.
LCV removal.
Coil relocation with Dyna coils and 8mm wires
External Dyna coils mount and custom bracket
Rectifier relocated under tank
Left side clean up
AIS removal
LED front turn signals
Integrated tail light turn signal combo
Removed a bunch of "unnecessary" pieces
Powder coated front pulley cover
Powder coated the 102 cover
Powder coated the rims, fender stays, passenger foot pegs, rear pulley, rotor bolts and kick stand gloss black
Barnett Platinum series braided stainless steel front brake, clutch and throttle lines
Barnett Sr-2 clutch conversion with red springs
PCS lowering link
Kuryakyn grips
Hidden rear caliper
Painted brake calipers.
Stainless Steel fuel line with Earls dry break
Custom painted tins
CRG EXO Lanesplitter bar end mirror

https://turbowarrior.wordpress.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congratz !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Snowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Congrats!

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Congratulations!

fdesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Congrat's Mark, well deserved and nice job making her your own.

Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Congratulations and way to be donating the winnings.
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Congratulations! A well deserved victory indeed!

I promise the winnings you so graciously sent my way will be used to bring you guys great pics and videos, ya videos! Just hold out a few more weeks and then the adventure begins!

milkman672042000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks everyone! It's both humbling and an honor to have won. I really appreciate everything this forum has taught me. There are some exceptional individuals on here. Looking forward to continuing to mod the ride. To me that's half the fun. Monty, I'm glad you're going to put the funds to good use. I excited for you and your adventures. Please start a thread about them so we can all live vicariously through you my friend. Thanks again guys!
M

(video)

MMFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

congratulations

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awwww he!ls yeah!! Right-on brutha!!!
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News