The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Site Supporter

Default The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies

Quote:
Here at Motorcycle.com we get to ride all of the newest, latest, and greatest motorcycles on the planet. However, more often than not, our time with each bike spans the course of weeks, maybe months (but definitely not years), as new bikes are constantly flowing through our proverbial garages, waiting to get tested. This means we have reviews of almost every motorcycle on the market, but it also means that we lack firsthand experience learning about long-term durability and maintenance. So, when our readers ask about the reliability of a certain make or model, it’s a difficult question to answer, as reliability testing requires ownership for several years – something we simply aren’t in a position to provide.

Thankfully, the folks at Consumer Reports have compiled a motorcycle reliability study, gathering information from more than 11,000 riders, sharing their experiences on more than 12,000 motorcycles purchased new between 2008 and 2014. With this data, CR adjusted for mileage ridden over a 12-month span and estimated failure rates. Like golf, the lower the number (or percentage, in this case), the better the score. CR’s language in the link above is vague, using words like “trouble prone” and not defining what constitutes a failure. Nonetheless, the results are still relevant. Here they are, from worst to best.
Read more about The 10 Most Reliable Motorcycle Companies at Motorcycle.com.
Motorcycle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

out of the top 4 i never had a honda
mkayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to akitadog

Harley have been getting better, since more and more of their parts are being made in japan....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mark
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

akitadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2017, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to akitadog

Reminds me when we were riding with a group of harley folks. There was one guy who seem to be a bothered by my wife riding a Harley and why would I ride a "jap" bike. The guy raving about the history of harleys and had to point out that the Harleys have emergency flashers and had to demonstrate that when you hold both turn signals down it would activate the E flashing. I turned to my wife and said " I don't need them ,because I don't break down" my wife started laughing and the guy just looked at me as if I were joking... We didnt have anymore conversations with him.

Mark

akitadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Going on an estimated 200k miles, never have broke down, still runs flawlessly and rips like a bat outta he!l....
Old 04-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitadog View Post
reminds me when we were riding with a group of harley folks. There was one guy who seem to be a bothered by my wife riding a harley and why would i ride a "jap" bike. The guy raving about the history of harleys and had to point out that the harleys have emergency flashers and had to demonstrate that when you hold both turn signals down it would activate the e flashing. I turned to my wife and said " i don't need them ,because i don't break down" my wife started laughing and the guy just looked at me as if i were joking... We didnt have anymore conversations with him.
priceless......
RobbSkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

i would like to see were ktm and indian were
mkayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Info > Forum News