Frontend Dive.... - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermutt View Post
I have a two part question here and would appreciate any and all comments and suggestions:
1... would adjustment on the pre-load of the front suspension help or cure this issue....
2... what are my options with changing fork oil and or springs...

I know our bikes are a tad on the heavy side...and under aggressive braking the forward inertia is pretty strong...but I just feel like mine gives a bit too much. Curious as to the proper fix !! Thanks !!
Try adding preload & see if you like it. IIRC I ran the stock forks at maximum preload. IMHO the stock fork set up sucks, no shock control. I introduced the R1 fork conversion to the forum over 9 years ago. Here is the link to the first post about the swap.

R1 fork install---Corners like its on RAILS!

If you are using R1 forks try comp & damp settings @ 4 or 5 clicks out from seated. Current preload is set at 5 bars showing = the amount of sag I like with 200 lb rider.
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

1640 Riverside Drive
Hill Valley CA

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

woody_church@comcast.net

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/memb...cture19388.jpg
Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks buddy......just wasn't sure which is the better way....swap out the forks....or doctor the factory ones !!!
thundermutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Suspension and Tire Tech