Easy Brackets & MC Enterprises back rest - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Easy Brackets & MC Enterprises back rest

Anyone tried this combo?? I've been told they won't work. Pics would be great.
ram396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Easy Brackets & MC Enterprises back rest

Yep, I tried it and couldn't make it work. After mounting the sissy bar I could mount the EZ Bracket, but it would never line up properly and the the saddle bag support would not slide on.
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

There's only so much physical space I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2008, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram396

Anyone tried this combo?? I've been told they won't work. Pics would be great.

I don't have the backrest, so I can tell you how hard it would be, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some bikes on here with that setup. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You might have to use spacers to make it line up properly, and I think you will have to use longer bolts to mount the posts.
ridingrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

yeah, I did it and made it work. I wish I could rememner exactly what I did but I know I ordered an additional set of posts from easy brackets and ground a pair of them down so they were shorter and put spacers on the other two. I also think you can do it with an additional set and just use the longer posts front and rear. I know this is a goofy response but it can be done and it works but it doesn't look great because the MC backrest goes between the easy brackets fender stays. That makes the bags stick out further than they should but it works. Buy an extra set of posts and you'll be able to figure it out.
washingtonwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

It makes sense that if the sissy bar bracket is flat/straight then you just need four easy bracket posts the same length. The bracket that fits on them is straight across. The reason the original easy bracket posts are different lengths is to allow for the staggered points of contact on the fender stays. So IF your backrest mounts already allow for this ... then four equal length posts should do the job. From what Washingtonwarrior says , you might want the posts as short as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonwarrior

yeah, I did it and made it work. I wish I could rememner exactly what I did but I know I ordered an additional set of posts from easy brackets and ground a pair of them down so they were shorter and put spacers on the other two. I also think you can do it with an additional set and just use the longer posts front and rear. I know this is a goofy response but it can be done and it works but it doesn't look great because the MC backrest goes between the easy brackets fender stays. That makes the bags stick out further than they should but it works. Buy an extra set of posts and you'll be able to figure it out.
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonwarrior

Yeah I kind of figured that they might look funky because the bar does stick out a bit where it mounts to the fender. I guess I'll just use some throw over bags and save a buck fifty. Thanks for the info.
ram396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions