Midnight 240 wide tire - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Midnight 240 wide tire

Hello everyone,I love the 210 look but I can't wastemoney no more.I just want to see some pictures of the midnights with the 240 kit installed before ordering. Who is the best doing these upgrades? Kosman, Performance..another shop?? Do they make the red line on the wheel same as stock? Can the wheel broke if I take a big bump/hole?Any input is very appreciated or just point me to users that has a midnight and the upgrade done. Thanks!!!!!
warrior_pr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
kja

Default Re: Midnight 240 wide tire

This is rifleman223's midnight.
kja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

What do you mean by wasting money, do 210's not last as long?
otherwhitemeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

From what I've been told the 210's don't run that long at all.

BTW... Contact Kylenv, he fabricates 240 swingarms and comes highly recommended!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dutch_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherwhitemeat

What do you mean by wasting money, do 210's not last as long?
Check this thread...... https://rswarrior.com/forums/p/5840/93186.aspx#93186

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dutch_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Midnight we offer looks like it came on the bike. The red stripe is a perfect match. I actually had a member that was worried that it wouldn't match. He wanted his wife to think he had only purchased a larger tire. She never knew the diff.

You can look at pictures and prices on the website. At the present time I have the kit in stock. Let me know if you have any questions.
Crown Custom Conversions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mine's close to a midnight..........sorta........not a 240, but a 260..........oh ****, I just like whoring pics of my scooter

xdevilmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Here is mine, wheel was done by GS Cycles. I got it raw and took it to a local shop for powdercoating. Taking the advise of Eric at GSI went with the round lip, it gives it more of a custom look. I got a wheel stripe kit from cycle gear and installed the stripe myself, it is a bit wider than the stock stripe, but I think it works because of the increased width & diameter of the new wheel.

royale5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

I love the 210 haters! Just to be clear...if you ride in straight lines all day don't get a 210. It will have a short life. If you live in B.F.E. like I do it won't be an issue. Any way that I got to work I have a baby dragon most the way there. I got the same mileage out of the Metz as I did the Dunlop or Bridgestone.

Oh, here's my charcoal Midnight 260!

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
HURD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Wow! Thanks everyone!!! ...and about the 210, it lasted only about 1200 miles or so... I live in twisties, no straights, if any, they are short. I have the 210off and installed a 200 Bridgestone to keep riding until the 240 mod but I will do a cross section cut to the 210 to show you guys the thin wall in the center due to the wear. In the outside it looks like it hasenough rubber left to ride but be aware... a tiny I mean TINY rock did a flat on the tire and had to insert a plug to move the bike to a place....pictures of the 210 tire coming in these days
warrior_pr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions