Additional Keys - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

$1.70 shipped...

1x Blank Key Uncut Blade for Yamaha Star XV1700 XV1900 XVS1300 XVS950 XVS400 D58 | eBay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Luv2LafMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 68ramair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2LafMcc View Post
That price is in pounds, $2.73 in USA dollars, still not bad. My Warrior, Morphous 250cc scooter, Vino 125cc scooter, and Vino 50cc scooter all use the same key blank.

Check out and join the Warrior world map.
Contact randy_ny to add yourself to the map. Not me.

68ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Welcome to the family!

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ramair View Post
That price is in pounds, $2.73 in USA dollars...

whoops! nice catch!

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Luv2LafMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

I bought 2 off Ebay for 6$ shipped from Hong Kong and thought that was a great deal. The only issue is, between both keys they are missing 3 of the 4 Star emblems. These keys were purchased last year and one sat in my spare key drawer most the time. They are barely glued on and are gone when they fall off. I have 1 factory key, original owners key and those never have come out. My opinion, spend a little time and make sure you are buying a quality one.
05 yamaha warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

My .99 cent hong kong key works great. Costed $ 3.50 to get it cut and used some gkue to keep the logos in place.
fdesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to robriguez

Somehow I had lost one of my factory keys so I bought 6 blanks on ebay for $5 incl shipping about 6 years ago. The second factory key was only used to cut the blanks and it went back in the firesafe we have at the house. Its never been out of the safe since then.

I keep one in my wallet and another on a seperate keyring on the carabiner I keep all my keys on. I've lost 3 of them so far, lol, I have no idea how.

robriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

the regular lock shops around here carry blanks and cut while you wait. not the cheap hardware store places. they dont have the yama coated key tops but if you want on for your wallet that plastic doesnt work to well. when i ride i have the key in the ignition, one in my wallet ,and one hidden on the bike just to make sure im covered.nothing sucks worse then loosing your key when your way away from home. this way no one waits to see what yama is left sitting when the crowd thins out and gets a free ride away on your bike. dont say anything about loosing your key, pull your wallet key out get on and go. btk572
btk572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Knock on wood been riding for 10+years now with only one key for every bike I've owned and have never lost one......yet

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
madtom421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Default Thanks!!!

Awesome response, gang. Way more advice than expected....glad I found this forum.

I ordered two keys from a guy on eBay this morning and even sent him the VIN number to make sure they were right. He said I needed the key code to have them cut, even though the guy at the Ace Hardware store looked at the original and didn't think he'd have any problem cutting new ones.

No sh*t in the dealership ripoff. The clown wanted me to pay $48 (plus tax) to get a blank, and they don't cut keys there, so obviously would have to go to another place and pay for the cut. I'm sure there are morons who don't know better (or care) who open their wallets and hand the cash over.
DesertRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions