Best Handlebar setup for Comfort - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2019, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best Handlebar setup for Comfort

I have 1 2005 Warrior 1700PC, The owner I got the bike from put a really nice set to T handlebars on the bike. I have lower back issues and found out that the placement of the handlebars is tearing my back up on long drives. I need to move the handlebars back at least two inches, and up two. I am sure I am not the first to have this problem. Is there a set of risers and bars that will work with the stock cables? If not, what is a comfortable set up with risers, bars and cables. Help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Strippling.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	213150  
Strippling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the family and the best warrior 4m.

There are alot of them but at work so I cant look them up.

someone will chime in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can get 1 1/2 inch riser extensions.

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

you can get combined extensions and pullback which increase the height of teh bars and move them further back towards the rider.. here is a link to some made by LA Chopper
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ons-for-harley

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

this is my set up, they are super sweep radius drag bars, and LA choppers 1 1/2 riser extensions. No the do not work with stock cables. and you might also want to think about a drivers back rest.

Name:	DSC02206.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	213152

Name:	P1010071.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	213154

jimduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Thanks for the tips!

I think I will start with the riser extensions. That will move them up and back, and I may be able to use my cables. If not I will still install the extensions. Thanks for the tip.
FYI, I am planning on a different seat with a back rest. Add that all together and I believe I should be good. really like the bike, just need to set it up for 6'1" me.
Strippling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have super radius bars with 1.5 extensions and use stock cables.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190112_104631_1550429992879.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	213156  

Old 02-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Nother pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180705_190216046_1550430052079.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	213158  

Old 05-16-2019, 05:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christok View Post
you can get combined extensions and pullback which increase the height of teh bars and move them further back towards the rider.. here is a link to some made by LA Chopper
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ons-for-harley
Maybe I missed it... will these work with stock cables and wiring?
Poconowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

These are the risers everyone is talking about. They are a great addition as they give you some up and some back. These are about 1-1/2" and stock cable and wiring worked with mine and I am using some Yami Double TT bars.

Also if you search some there are some other discussion to help you out.

Also if you modify your seat it will help you in the bum area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Risers 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	215184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Risers 2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	215186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Risers.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	215188  
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions