Bored Throttle Bodies - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bored Throttle Bodies

Question: Does it make sense to simply remove stock-bored throttle body, have a machinist bore it out at 43 or 44mm and drop it back in? Will this make any difference at all? Not sure if I want to spend the thousands on (1) head work, bore kits and over-sized gaskets and (2) the labor to disassemble and assemble everything. Hopefully, it's just matter of removing the throttle body assembly, boring it and hooking it back up. Let me know, please.

Paul R. Johnson
bankcounsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

To bare the TB you have to bore the body and install a bigger butterfly valve that fits with precision and actuates freely.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

And that only helps when the throttle body is the restriction to making more power. Sometimes it yields a lot, sometimes nothing.

I have no idea how restrictive the throttle bodies are on the Warrior. I've had stock thottlebodied units make almost 110 hp. that doesn't mean opening up wouldn't have gained more, but they were capable of breaking the ton with no work at all.
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions