Help needed - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help needed

Hi all. Trying to remove the exhaust pipes and ran into a problem on the front cylinder. The threaded rod is slightly bent , preventing the flange removal, see the picture. Do you guys think i can try to bend it back ? Is the threaded rod removable from the cylinder ? Any advice approciated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191012_144141_1570906143721.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	217834  
kubalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi Kubalik
Do you have something to heat the threaded rod with?
If you have.... You should be able to take it out of the cylinder using two nuts on the rod.
Otherwise there you will rist to break the rod.
Try to get it out of the cylinder.
once its out. then you can try to straiten it out and att the same time order some new once.
Thars my advice
Pecman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Pecman. I got plumbing torch , I will give it a shot tomorrow. Another question. Anyone lowered the bike without removing the pipes ? This is the reason I'm trying to remove the exhaust. Thanks.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

What kind of pipes are on the warrior?.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubalik View Post
Hi all. Trying to remove the exhaust pipes and ran into a problem on the front cylinder. The threaded rod is slightly bent , preventing the flange removal, see the picture. Do you guys think i can try to bend it back ? Is the threaded rod removable from the cylinder ? Any advice approciated. Thanks
The previous owner or who ever, overtightened the V&H Big Shot head pipe 2-bolt flange and as a result it has bent the exhaust stud and the flange.
This is 'A' typical of V&H flanges I'm saddened to say.

The best and safest approach for this repair is to reinstall the M8 flange nut (loose) and with a drift punch and small hammer straighten the stud out by hitting the flange nut prudently. That's it

You'll want to elongate (slot) the 2-bolt flange so that it doesn't interfere with the stud in the future.

I suggest you use a 1/4" drive socket when retorquing these fasteners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Alain. It did the trick. Grabbed the nut in vice grips and hit it with the hammer few times. (sounds scary , lol) Pipes are out. Will try to enlarge the flange holes somewhat before installing it back . Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions