Help with OEM Parts ID - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help with OEM Parts ID

I can’t find this bracket and screws on the 2007 Yamaha oem part diagrams. Any idea where I should be looking? I want to replace the rusty looking bolts. It’s part of the rear master cylinder, but I don’t see these parts listed. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DED08AC6-AEBF-441E-B5FD-A1F85051FAEA_1572194646298.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	218248  
Rob63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

That Bracket is a Aftermrket piece...

The bolts just take them off n head to ur local Hardware store and match them...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ah... that makes sense. Must have been put on when the after market exhaust was installed. Thanks.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob63 View Post
I canít find this bracket and screws on the 2007 Yamaha oem part diagrams. Any idea where I should be looking? I want to replace the rusty looking bolts. Itís part of the rear master cylinder, but I donít see these parts listed. Thanks
The brake reservoir bracket is aftermarket and most likely supplied with an aftermarket muffler.

The 4-small fasteners are M6 x 1.0 pitch of various lengths if stock. These are easy to come by in many flavors @ Home Depot or ACE etc.

The 2-hex head & flat washer fasteners aren't OEM! They were M10 x 1.25 pitch which is difficult to source and not needed here.
I suspect what you have are SAE fasteners using a hex nut on the rear that's not visible in photo. Either 3/8" or 8mm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Your local Ace hardware should have them.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanh View Post
The brake reservoir bracket is aftermarket and most likely supplied with an aftermarket muffler.

The 4-small fasteners are M6 x 1.0 pitch of various lengths if stock. These are easy to come by in many flavors @ Home Depot or ACE etc.

The 2-hex head & flat washer fasteners aren't OEM! They were M10 x 1.25 pitch which is difficult to source and not needed here.
I suspect what you have are SAE fasteners using a hex nut on the rear that's not visible in photo. Either 3/8" or 8mm

Thanks for the info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions