AIS Removal-Newbie Question - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default AIS Removal-Newbie Question

Besides possibly reducing backfiring, what do you get when you remove the AIS? Does the bike run any better, stronger, etc?

thx
"Still Learning about my new 02."
theghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: AIS Removal-Newbie Question

It runs that much better from losing 5 pounds of shiite! [8D] Other than that, no difference other than what you stated.
hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Other than cleaning up the left side and shedding some weight i never noticed any difference with the popping!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Starting System
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

I remove the AIS and notice a reduction of backfiring, not much but is good for me.
wait i like the backfiring when i run into neighborhood. a litle is not to bad!!!!!

Keep Runnig...
scorpionwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

It is a good first mod to do. For me that was its greatest benefit, got me over the fear of changing bits and pieces.
xenarchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Why remove the Air Induction System?? On v-twins the rear cylinder runs hotter than the front; the Yamaha AIS is directing air to the rear cyclinder for additonal cooling.....not sure why we would want to remove this piece....am I missing something here??

thanks

coot-on-scoot
waimea55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by waimea55

Why remove the Air Induction System?? On v-twins the rear cylinder runs hotter than the front; the Yamaha AIS is directing air to the rear cyclinder for additonal cooling.....not sure why we would want to remove this piece....am I missing something here??

thanks

coot-on-scoot

It's actually injecting air into the exhaust to burn any unburnt fuel. It only helps in emissions, and really does nothing for cooling. If fact all the junk cluttering up the motor probably keeps it running hotter than without it.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by waimea55

thanks

coot-on-scoot

AIS is the emissions.. nothing to do with cooling
angellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

my bad..I stand corrected...although the cowling that covers the AIS does double duty by directing air to the rear cylinder according to an article in Motorcyclist way back when. I'm old, I confuse easily, now where did I put my teeth???

thanks for the education, folks
coot-on-scoot
waimea55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default AIS removal

Does anyone have a good link to a step by step process?
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions