Ordered a set of Thomason Performance Wheels - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ordered a set of Thomason Performance Wheels

WOOHOO! Just ordered a set of wheels from Thomason Performance. Price was great (compared to other custom wheel shops) and Greg is very easy to work with. He sent me about 50 quotes before I decided what I wanted. Decided on 19" front and 18x8.5" rear for a 240 install. I did Midnight Splat in all satin black powdercoat. I'm excited, just like Christmas as a kid. Greg said he'd try to take pics as my wheels are being CNC'd so I'll reserve some space here when\if I get them. I'll definitely post the "after" when I'm done.

Check his stuff out...

http://thomasonperformance.com/

I don't have any affiliation with them other then as a customer and I don't get a referral kickback either so my opinion is just that, my opinion. Hopefully someone will find a design they enjoy.The process has been great so far.
gblack771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Ordered a set of Thomason Performance Wheels

Nice looking wheels....how much for yours?

Does he use the Yamaha cush drive setup, or does he make his own proprietary hub/pulley mount ?
SuicideD_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideD_45

Nice looking wheels....how much for yours?

Does he use the Yamaha cush drive setup, or does he make his own proprietary huib/pulley mount ?
I also wonder about this?

and the wheels look pretty awesome. Definitely a decent option depending on prices.
DottoreItalia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

He does make his own hubs, but I'm not sure if he recreates the Yamaha cush-drive or if he has his own design. I'll ask and get back with you.

For my custom sizes, they came in just over $2K to my door, but they are all different based on size, finish, and style. Stock sizes were a tadless.

If you are interested, give him a call. He has great designs, and I've checked, his prices are very competitive and much less when you consider you don't need to order adapters, rotors, pulleys, etc. befor you can pop them on your bike.

BTW, this not getting emails when you get responses to your threads stinks. Am I the only one with this problem?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblack771

He does make his own hubs, but I'm not sure if he recreates the Yamaha cush-drive or if he has his own design. I'll ask and get back with you.

For my custom sizes, they came in just over $2K to my door, but they are all different based on size, finish, and style. Stock sizes were a tadless.

If you are interested, give him a call. He has great designs, and I've checked, his prices are very competitive and much less when you consider you don't need to order adapters, rotors, pulleys, etc. befor you can pop them on your bike.

BTW, this not getting emails when you get responses to your threads stinks. Am I the only one with this problem?
Thanx for the info...I'll have to contact them. The Yamaha design is definitely better, as I found out, when the Carrozzeria pulley drive hub failed after 10000 miles. I'm getting a new one made but not because the manufacturer is doing anything for me.
SuicideD_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblack771

No, many people have the same problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Night Demon -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

Friends call me Floren, join the
group on Facebook
"If you are not sure, just open the throttle"
TECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Update!!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to robriguez

Is it wrong that I just got a chubby? NICE wheels!

robriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Kind of like thinking my girlfriend is hot. You can get a chub, just don't tell me about it.

Thanks for the complement. Its a very good start.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Nice looking wheels! Can't wait to see them finished.
royale5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion