R1 Conversion - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default R1 Conversion

I am interested in an R1 conversion. That includes brakes and front forks. Can I use an R1 front tire on the Warrior? What is the list of parts that I need for project?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: R1 Conversion

You can start with this Jon, https://rswarrior.com/forums/t/128124.aspx?PageIndex=1

Then if you need a set of legs, let me know and I'll give you the military discount just like the PX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
whajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Since you have an '08 MY I would recommend 06-08 R1 forks. The above posted link is a very, verygood start for research, but I came up with those older model (02-05)R1 parts didn't work with the newer Wariors.If I am wrong with that statement please correct me so that I may know and others willhave the knowledge also, I love learning about this bike and I would appretiate a correction if needed, thanks.

As far as my research went when I was looking into this for my '07 MY I came to a conclusion that I had to use 06-08 R1 forks because from a looks and parts stand point you can re-use the calipers from our Warrior on those forks. The tire situation will not work because the R1 has a smaller wheel. If you would like the part numbers needed for the front fender mounting hardwareI can PM them to you if you would like or can send you an online parts efiche catalog link thatI use from my local dealer. I never went though with my modifications because of funds right now (trying to pay it off this yearfirst)

Also I have not done this mod, so take my above suggestions with a grain of salt and hopefully some of the men that have this done on newer warriors can post up some help for you. Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

There are several threads on this subject and i have this one booked marked on my computer. Good luck and let us know what you decided to go with. This one of my future mods. https://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25517/285409.aspx#285409

06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Profile update................I think his red '08 is sitting in a breaker yard in Woodbridge or Dumfries . Pretty sure he bought badazz01ram Jeff's 03.

whajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whajac

Profile update................I think his red '08 is sitting in a breaker yard in Woodbridge or Dumfries . Pretty sure he bought badazz01ram Jeff's 03.

Woo Hoo!! My post didn't mean crap ha ha.

07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Actually I have an 05. My questino is I want the R1 whole front end (brakes, forks, fender, and front wheel if possible). I really just want to keep the top of the warrior handlebars. Is my bike really there? I wish I could go and take some things off of it
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I already had an R1 front fender when I bought the bike(had is the keyword, Cracked the other day. Does anybody know if it matters what year i get to replace the one I broke?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just got all my parts to put an 08 R1 fork, brake, and, fender ( I am keeping the 19" front wheel) on my 07 Warrior. I just need the time to swap it out. Let me know how it goes for you.

Trying to build a clean Midnight. Take what the Warrior offers and take it to the next level. Good handling power cruiser with a custom look.
chadc303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

found new black r1 fenders on ebay for $55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion