Model Year Differences 2002 to 2010 - Page 3 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Did you read this here: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/12-g...ml#post2235856 just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLuke View Post
So I've been taking a look at buying a Midnight. What if any are the differences for the later models. Other than paint, some compression, gold forks, I haven't seen any "real" differences. Any owners out there find any? I like the red stripes and black wheels, so that narrows it a bit for me...but what about differences in '11, '12, and '13?

Thanks guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

You can lead a horse to water...

parkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator

but you can't stop him from sucking down all the whiskey in the brothel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinglot View Post
You can lead a horse to water...

Old 03-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

^^lol

parkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

Z

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
zorba53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:22 AM   #26 (permalink)

for 2002 you could add to the paint the antares limited flames i found out that 50 even numbers were done black with yellow flames (like mine) and 50 odd numbers were done black with red flames total 100. ghost flames (planned) ended up being a standard paint.

one of each were sent to each states best selling dealership.

this is what the red flames look like compared to the yellow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00M0M_c8yBdjic5cW_1200x900.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	155657   Click image for larger version

Name:	00V0V_fkV1xShdBHR_1200x900.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	155665  

Last edited by mkayx; 05-23-2017 at 09:05 AM.
mkayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I tried for a few years to 'verify' this was factory/oem and not aftermarket but the company was already out of business. Web searches back then yielded spotty chatter but nothing to link it. Best I could find was that it seemed 'Antaras Design' was hired by a large USA Yamaha dealership or a regional network of Yamaha dealers, and it was speculated they were located probably in Southern California.

When I called back then, Yamaha USA said they were not involved. This is supported by lack of mention in any Yamaha paint spec or any advertising. Some accessory catalogs showed images of Warriors with what was noted as 'custom paint' but I didn't find any of the Antaras Design flame jobs (and even if there were any they were custom not oem). Plus Antares also did Honda bikes, and probably others too. Its awesome paint, but not shown to be factory/oem.

Maybe this thread will wake-up the conversation and maybe more will chime-in with what they know, so its great that you brought this up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayx View Post
for 2002 you could add to the paint the antares limited flames i found out that 100 were done black with yellow flames (like mine) and 100 were done black with red flames the third was ghost flames which ended up being a standard paint.

this is what the red flames look like compared to the yellow

Old 08-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

i talk with yamaha corp. and it was some sold in texas my came from nj some were sold in az ect. the person i talk to said it was like when talo orders guns from s&w for them to sell only in reverse yamaha said do this and sent me out to the dealer ships with the best sales in each regeign
Old 08-18-2016, 03:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Could you clarify with punctuation, I can read and understand this a couple different ways

When did you talk with Yamaha USA about this!! Were you involved with these paint jobs back then? Anyway, so are you saying Yamaha had some Warriors painted for high-producing dealerships as awards or rewards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayx View Post
i talk with yamaha corp. and it was some sold in texas my came from nj some were sold in az ect. the person i talk to said it was like when talo orders guns from s&w for them to sell only in reverse yamaha said do this and sent me out to the dealer ships with the best sales in each regeign

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 08-18-2016 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

i talked with them 8/16/16, the bikes were sent out to dealerships that had high sales, in each sales region not as a reward but as a feeler to see if there was interest. the silver with ghost flames was not done as a limited since the others sold out.

i was transferred to 3 different reps and spent about 1.5 on hold, finally it was a local dealership salesman who helped me get information from yamaha usa.

i had nothing to do with this i just happened to get a good deal on #12 of 100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion