Why won't it start - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Why won't it start

My warrior is an 03 16k miles, has ais delete, bak, pcV, and exhaust.

Went on a short ride (10 miles) it rode perfect. Pulled into my driveway and the bike stumbled and died. I have not been able to get it to start since. Filled the tank before I went on the ride. It isn't throwing any codes, no loose connections etc. Diagnostic shows nothing out of the ordinary. Tried turning to wot and starting with no change.

What happened?

This happened once a couple weeks ago, same situation when I pulled in the driveway and stopped it died and wouldn't re start. I chalked it up to low fuel but it wasn't that low. The bike eventually restarted and acted like nothing happened.

Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited by robbiem; 06-20-2012 at 05:03 PM.
robbiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Have you already checked the fuses (2 locations under rider seat)?

When you put it in neutral, turn 'on' the handlebars kill switch, put the bike on the side stand, and turn
the key 'on' what exactly happens on the gauges - and what sounds do you hear from the bike?

Then what do you see and hear when you press the 'Start' button?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Check to see if your battery terminals are tight, spark plug wires, gas vent lines, and the above mentioned.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Everything is as it should be. I decided to try and unplug the pcV and what do you know it fired right up.

I have it plugged up to the computer now. I have been running the map that it came with. I'm going to try another and see if it will run.

Anyone have this happen before? This is the first time I've plugged it up, the lights have been showing normal all along (when key on both come on and red flickers for a second then goes out, green stays on). I wonder whats going on with it.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Its one of the things checked if all the fuses atc are okay. Rarely, but sometimes, their map file gets corrupted but most of the time it'll still start. Since its a PC-V its using a TPS plug set and you should separate them both one at a time and check for corrosion stopping the TPS signal from reaching the ECU.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

I uploaded a map from that map page "badger" started right up. Seems to be running fine. I guess aliens hit it with a laser beam.

Hopefully it won't die again but if it does at least now I know the culprit. It smells like it is running better, maybe the other map was way rich or something.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

I do have the grill going right next to it now though, that might have something to do with the smell.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Turned out it was my fault all along. I moved the pcv ground from the seat latch to the battery and all seems well now.

Last edited by robbiem; 06-20-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sounds like you have it figured out

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yep most of us attach the power commander ground wire to the spot where the battery NEG cable bolts to the frame next to the oil filler tube. Thats a direct shot at the battery and a better wire path when its gotta be moved out of the way lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
Turned out it was my fault all along. I moved the pcv ground from the seat latch to the battery and all seems well now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion