What did you do to your Warrior Today??? - Page 61 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #601 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
I installed my windshield to get the brackets mounted where they fit the best, then i will take it off till i go for long rides on the highway. I ordered a clutch spring ring to run 2 stock clutch springs instead of the Barnett because it's a little cheaper and easier to install. I also made some changes in a sissy bar i made because it was to tall. I made it so the wife could ride. She won't get on the bike without the dang sissy bar on there.

Sick sissy bar, man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thinkdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #602 (permalink)

Finished up my wiring (until the tach housing comes back from paint). Cleaned the bike. Experimented with painting the front pulley cover...

Pics of the neck wiring have tools in them as i was holding the grommets in place while the silicone dried..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1365647532769.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	17806   Click image for larger version

Name:	1365647543447.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	17807   Click image for larger version

Name:	1365647558360.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	17808   Click image for larger version

Name:	1365647579545.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	17809   Click image for larger version

Name:	1365647596168.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	17810  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sanny651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #603 (permalink)

Bought and mounted front and rear Avon Storm Ultra II tires...

I hate buying tires...

Just to cheer myself up, I washed, waxed and polished it when I got home (the bike you nasty people!)

God Bless,
Doc S

Psalm 27
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
Doc S is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #604 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkdan View Post
Sick sissy bar, man.
What he said!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #605 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoligan2 View Post
What he said!

Thanks guys, believe it or not, i made the sissy bar out of plant hangers from lowes. I had to use 2 of them for enough metal. It's the ones that are about 4'-5' tall and you stick them in the ground and hang your plants on 2 or 3 hooks that are welded on. I cut the spade out of 1/8" steel with a jig saw and a dremel tool.

Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #606 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
Thanks guys, believe it or not, i made the sissy bar out of plant hangers from lowes. I had to use 2 of them for enough metal. It's the ones that are about 4'-5' tall and you stick them in the ground and hang your plants on 2 or 3 hooks that are welded on. I cut the spade out of 1/8" steel with a jig saw and a dremel tool.
Nice! That came out really well

limotinted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #607 (permalink)

hey installed barnett plate new cluch boss new plugs and did rear brake resevoir mod some on forum did sorry cant remember who but it eliminates the bracket road it home today stocked
JIBARRITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #608 (permalink)

Moped the floor in the garage for her return home from paint and getting everything installed. Made a nice clean home for her.

Had the shakes for the last two months of not riding her...took her out three times today (the first day I got her back).

On my last ride this evening, I was at a red light and a Dodge Challenger was in the lane to my right, I was in the middle lane. I never initiate races, but when someone launches hard at a red light and never even revved their engine prior...I get pissed I had no warning they wanted to have a GO! Anyways...I was aware of them to my right and I had a great take off myself once I saw him take me at the line. Again, I didn't even no we were havin' a GO! I got into second quick and then third very shortly after that. Caught up in less than 4 or 5 seconds, and swung into the far left lane as a slower vehicle was in the middle. I could see they were about a car length back still two lanes over to my right. Got into forth and it was over. I got back into the middle lane to see if they wanted to have another GO, but they ended up not challenging me with their Challenger at this light, so I took it easy and rode normal. Guess they didn't want to get owned again!

Last edited by TICTICBOOM; 04-13-2013 at 11:27 PM.
TICTICBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #609 (permalink)

Took my front pulley cover apart to clean the cat piss out that leeched in. Question. Why is it 87 pieces for a pulley cover? Darn dirty cats!

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #610 (permalink)

Tic tic, congrats, but they were in a dodge...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
NOTTAHOG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion