Chrome Rim Guys!! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2015, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ama

Default Chrome Rim Guys!!

So I decided I'm most likely going to chrome out my rims, probably over the winter (hoping not to loose more time as I already have). So I want real world experience from you guys with chrome rims. Also is there a place that's the "go to place" for chroming? Also let's hear some prices you guys have paid, plus shipping back and forth what kind of money are we looking at? Anyone have horror stories or peeling off after a certain time or from a certain company. Also lets see pics fellas! Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post
...is there a place that's the "go to place" for chroming?

I think LD is the man you want to talk to...he has a quality place thats affordable.

I don't think "I'm" on his Christmas card list at the moment... but wait for him to chime in, or PM him for the details.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Luv2LafMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I had my rims done by Cycle Image about 12 years ago. I polish them once maybe twice a year and they still look as good as the day i got them. Unfortunately that company no longer exists. But rims done by a good chromer will last.

sangathor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2015, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

I heard they closed Mo. I haven't confirmed it yet.

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderDuece View Post
I heard they closed Mo.

EVERY good, mom and pop chromer, cant keep up with the EPA regulations...thats a shame...as options diminish, pricing increases...

Ama, maybe BTK, KyleNV or Crown Customs can point you. The Chromer I used is in Omaha - Industrial Plating Inc. (402-344-4684 - randy) They did my pulley and anodized some parts for me. I was and still am happy with it.

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Luv2LafMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ama

Any prices out there on average ?

Old 05-06-2015, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is the place I was going to suggest chrome plating, Home but when I clicked on their link they to are unfortunately closed down as well ....
Racerxjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ama

Dear lord everyones closing down

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion