How do you beat humidity? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question How do you beat condensation?

As we hit Spring, how does everyone deal with the condensation issue when the temperatures change in the shed or garage and the bike instantly gets soaked. Is there a way to prevent it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 04:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Hang a bare 25 watt filament / incandescent bulb within five feet of the bike. Same solution for a stored boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Hang a bare 25 watt filament / incandescent bulb within five feet of the bike. Same solution for a stored boat.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and add a ceiling fan.

Had a storage garage for the old cars when I lived north.
Covered the cement floor wall to wall with plastic then
old carpet on top. Also kept my Dunstall & Wing there
winters without issue.
Forum member #113

Brother of the Wind

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Mid-Michigan Winter Storage

I store my ride in an Old Open Barn that's not very tightly sealed.

Had big issues with the aluminum/chrome sweating during temperature changes when the bike was covered and stored as shown in the 1st photo.

The bottom photo is how i currently put my bike to sleep during the winter.
Use a large unfolded fiber carton (plastic is fine too) that is the vapor barrier and an old woven cotton carpet above. I use a couple of single bed skirts to keep the dust off and this allows the bike to breathe.

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys. What about a heat lamp like the one for baby chickens? I have one of those. 😁

Old 04-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

I built a room for my bike it is fully insulated, especially the floor, I have never had an issue in the room, in the other portion of the barn everything gets covered in moisture during those times

jimduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimduncan View Post
I built a room for my bike it is fully insulated, especially the floor, I have never had an issue in the room, in the other portion of the barn everything gets covered in moisture during those times
Now that's an idea!

Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm View Post
Now that's an idea! 🙂

Here is a pic of her in her cozy little 8x12 room, she stays nice and dry.
Click image for larger version

Name:	57306009_2256212894436021_2114986057127690240_o.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	214458

jimduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion