Where to mount camera - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2019, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Where to mount camera

So has anyone mounted a forward facing camera to their ride? I just bought one on amazon that has a forward and rear facing camera. I'm curious how anyone mounted theirs. I intend to keep the "brains" under the seat to keep it safe.

I appreciate anyone's idea

https://www.amazon.com/Blueskysea-Mo...gateway&sr=8-4
alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have no solution for you. I just bought a generic go-pro style camera that I haven't taken out of the box yet. I was thinking about mounting the camera to the bike instead of myself until I remembered the amount of vibration these bikes have. I can't imagine getting a clear picture if the camera was mounted on the handlebars or any type of front fairing. I'll be interested to see what you decide and the results.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've tried mounting it a few places, but there is just too much vibration, especially at high speeds. I use a mount on my helmet and I believe a few guys have used chest harnesses. Best results I could get were putting it on the back peg, but was just cruising at bikes blues and BBQ, and didn't get much speed. If you find a spot, definitely keep us posted!
Bryanmcmeekin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmcmeekin View Post
I've tried mounting it a few places, but there is just too much vibration, especially at high speeds. I use a mount on my helmet and I believe a few guys have used chest harnesses. Best results I could get were putting it on the back peg, but was just cruising at bikes blues and BBQ, and didn't get much speed. If you find a spot, definitely keep us posted!
How do you have it mounted on your helmet? I just asked a guy I work with and he said he used 3M double sided tape and never had an issue. Just wondering if that was normal or not.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Exactly. I used the little pads that came with the mounting hardware kit and I believe they were 3m. I also drilled little holes through it though and put small zip ties in as well. A little overkill probably, but I only use the full face when recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1576C52A-DA78-42C5-AC6B-BAA150899D11_1555340812255.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	214386  
Bryanmcmeekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

I got a suction mount that I stuck on the gas tank. Some vibration but the video was watchable. I also bought an adjustable chin mount arm that due to my helmet's contours on the front chin area, I could not mount there. So mounted the base to the right side temple area and the arm extends to the front upper area of the helmet above the visor. It looks ridiculous but it got smoothest video with the camera's anti shake setting turned on. Which is an Akaso GoPro knock off that shoots up to 4k video.
QuiQnezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

I mount my go pro on the front turn signal stem. I got a clamp down mount that holds it tight. Not a ton of vibration

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Diesel_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks man.....mounted mine temporarilly there today. Worked great.

I'm buying another set of turn signals and may hollow one out as a permanenct mount
alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion