Bike fell over (was hit) - what to check out - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Today, 05:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bike fell over (was hit) - what to check out

Sooooo, my wonderful step daughter "bumped" my bike a few weeks ago with her car. Just found out last night. Guess it was laying on the right side "on the foot peg" so the wife says. Beyond pissed, especially since I've had some great weather and have been driving it for the past 2 weeks almost daily.

So, the end of the grip is damaged, right peg has some marring underside, end of the pipe needs sprayed again. What else do you guys recommend to check out? Bars (how would you tell if they are damaged)?
jslavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

You’ll need every mod you can think of to make it right 😉

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stretch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
You’ll need every mod you can think of to make it right 😉

That's brilliant Stretch. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons - the dude just got a lifetime, wifey hassle free, mods pass!
Romans724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lol yes. I’m sure the ECU needs flashed now! Seriously tho, sorry this happened. Guys is there a good way to check bars for trueness without removing? I imagine there is a lot of eyeballing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stretch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Lol yes. Iím sure the ECU needs flashed now! Seriously tho, sorry this happened. Guys is there a good way to check bars for trueness without removing? I imagine there is a lot of eyeballing
I've never thought about it, but I would suggest string. The handlebars should be true with the front wheel. Therefore I would run string from one handlebar tip, through the front wheel, and over to the other side of the handlebars. Use a sharpie to mark the center of the wheel. Remove string and fold in half. Are the two sides equal length? My guess would be that if the two sides are within half an inch of each other then you're fine.

Although I like Stretch's idea better... the stock programming in the ECU could be damaged and only an Ivan flash ($350) will rectify the issue. If it were me I would have my kid paying $50 a week till it was paid off to teach her about responsibility.
DirtieGirtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Do a visual inspection of the cast steering stop on the neck of the bike frame for cracking or damage from the impact.

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion