Windshield functionality - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Windshield functionality

So researching and searching the forum for info the only ones I like are the Yamaha Sporty looking screen and the Memphis shade bullet. There was a Givi screen that would've been my favorite but is no longer sold like the Yamaha Sport.

So looking online I found these MRA screens but trying to decide which one I should go for. I'm mainly looking for some actual functionality but looks are also important and I don't want some huge thing on my bike. The mounting hardware on these seem to allow it to be adjusted in angles that make it sit taller or more laid back. They both come with an extension attachment that adds a couple more inches to the top.

I am leaning more towards the smaller Vario touring model as it's very close looking to the Yamaha Sport version. It sits at 16" tall.

My question is for those that have the yamaha sport screen, does it really help with the wind? I'm 6' tall and i'm not looking for full protection but something to help out some at highway speeds. Or would I be better off going with the V-flow/taller shield? I would mainly use it for longer ride but if I go with the Vario, I think i'd keep it on there more often.

The V-flow version is taller and wider and a little similar to the Memphis bullet as it can be adjusted to be laid back pretty low or stand more upright to provide more wind protection. It sits at 17.7" tall but they also have one that sits 20" tall.

17.1"

20"
QuiQnezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the boulevard and like it for the most part. I do get blasted in the face with with (i'm also 6 foot), but i typically ride with no windshield at all so its notmally not a problem. I am looking to add an adjustable windshield visor, like both of the ones you mention have. This should help redirect the air flow enough ro get what i want for long trips. Getting hit in the face when driving over 300 miles a day really tires out the neck and back on those long drives.

As far as the 2 you included... i personally like the first option better. It looks more like the boulevard, so i think it would flow with the bike real well. I'm nit big on fairings though, even the sport fairing windshield i see pop up every now and then. But hey, as long as yiu like it that's what important. I think with adjustable visors on them you will be able find a flow that works for you with either of your options

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Diesel_Warrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion