My build and new pipe selection - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default My build and new pipe selection

First off, No it's not a build of a Warrior, and so the selection of pipes may not help everyone, but...

On April 29th I went to urgent care complaining of pain and difficulty breathing during exertion. I figured a round of expectorants and maybe antibiotics were in order. I could not have been more wrong. They found multiple blockages in the arteries feeding my heart. So on May 2nd I had what's known as a cabbage (coronary artery bypass grafting - CABAG or CABG).

I was lucky that I am young enough and healthy enough to harvest an artery from my left arm and two from my chest to act as the new pipes to correct the 100% blockage, 85% blockage and 65% blockage they found inside me during an angiogram. If not they would have taken veins from my legs which are not made to handle the pressure and would require rebuild at some point in the future.

So far the rebuild seems to be working. The pipes seem to work well. Back pressure is not helpful by any means and has been reduced to zero. I haven't had a chance to test everything out and wont be able to operate at full throttle for several months, but so far I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.

I feel like the luckiest man in the world. Sometimes projects and builds are good for you. This one pretty much saved my life. Happy to join the rest of you in the zippered chest club. It's not something you plan, but if you need it, next to the faces of your wife and kids, that **** scar is the prettiest thing you'll ever see.

You have no idea how good it is for me to browse this forum today.

Cheers!

Last edited by craig; 05-23-2019 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling errors - oops!
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

That is a great story and glad you caught it early enough in life hopefully for a full recovery.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Glad to hear you made it through the proceedure and are doing good. Happened to me years back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yes, glad you got it found out a d fixed up so you could stick around here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Glad you are doing ok bud!
New_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

glad you made it through it

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow bro.
Hope n pray that everything continues to go well..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Huge surprise, also huge relief. I'm glad you got some good plumbers on the case.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you all for the kind words. It's great to be on the right side of dirt.

Looking forward to getting back to riding and spending some time in my dyno room.
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Let us know how it goes.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion