Best source for replacement cables? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question

Last Saturday, I got a new to me '08 Warrior with 6K miles on it. It has a few goodies but the clutch/brake cables are rusty. It spent a little time outside so I am in the process of replacing all the rusty stuff. Believe it or now, the only parts that I can see that have surface rust on them, are all the aftermarket stuff. All the OEM Yammy stuff shined up good as new, including the paint!

The bike currently has drag/T-bars on it, straight pipe exhaust and a PCIII. I would like to replace the rusty cables but not sure where/how to order them. Will the OEM work or do they need to longer? The current ones have quite a bit of slack on them which makes me think they can be shorter. I also thought about putting wire loom or wire shrink wrap over them since they still work great. Any ideas?

SouthPawCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2019, 05:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

I buy most of my OEM pats from YSP.
https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/
35ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to yamaweezle

All Barnett cables here...couldn't be happier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Together.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	215518  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yamaweezle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Me too.

arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

I bought OEM cables as part of my maintenance plan since the originals lasted 14 years and the clutch is buttery smooth.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

You can order those OEM stainless OEM cables or spend more for a set of Barnett stainless.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods

BUB CHAMBERMAIDS

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)
Rudy Jeremias.
(562)303-6036
rij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion