PCS Roadster exhaust - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to armad
Default PCS Roadster exhaust

Anyone out there have the PCS Roadster exhaust? If so did you go with the straight cut or turnout? Did you use one of their baffles or end caps? How does it sound? Real LOUD with out the baffle? Mellow? Thanks
armad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm running the Roadster, Turn out with two ring baffle. Not very loud at idle, but starts talking when you start twisting. I love the look of it, as well as the sound.
I'm going to be welding a rear bracket on, as I don't like it being supported by just the head bolts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
i-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

i-man The pipe looks great on your bike. I have a midnight also. I was thinking the double ring baffle too. I am a little surprised there isn't a bracket for the collector to attach to the frame. It looks like there are no heat shield either. The whole pipe must be light weight. Do you have some kind of tuning device to alter the fuel delivery? Also, how is the baffle attached? Thanks i-man

Last edited by armad; 07-12-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

The pipe is not very heavy, but I'm just more comfortable with a rear hanger.
I have a PC3 installed, as well as the Ivan's Ecu flash.
On the turnout exhaust, the baffle is welding in and not removable.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I've been curious what the warrior ceramichrome turnout version looks like. No pics located yet. These pipes would make a good swap-in second exhaust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Warrior does not have a loud exhaust note like the Harley for some reason. I run Executioners, (straight pipes) and their only loud when i accelerate hard, like passing a car. At idle they sound good but not loud at all. I haven't figured out why that is yet. I don't like how long the Executioners are when bought new, but shortened a couple of inches they are awesome.

Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
The Warrior does not have a loud exhaust note like the Harley for some reason. I run Executioners, (straight pipes) and their only loud when i accelerate hard, like passing a car. At idle they sound good but not loud at all. I haven't figured out why that is yet. I don't like how long the Executioners are when bought new, but shortened a couple of inches they are awesome.
The Executioners are one of my favorite exhaust for the Warrior, as far as looks go.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

The Executioners do look good! The Harley sound is unique. It's all about the 45 degree v-twin, valve timing/cams. The Star v-twins are not 45 degree v-twins. I think they are 50 degree v-twins. They also have way different valve timing, and for that matter more valves per cylinder. I have an S&S motor in one of my bikes and it is a pattern motor of the Harley v-twin. 45 degree v-twin, etc. It sounds exactly the same as a Harley v-twin, but is much more powerful.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have the PCS 2 in1 Bomber Style. I recommend the turn out because im constantly having to wipe my back rim down from exhaust soot.

Also i had the 2 ring baffle, i recently got the wide open vortex baffle and it sounds like the 2 ring baffle on steroids! Wayyy wayy louder! It totally sounds badass! A real head turner!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190429_162022-1_1563245924413.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	216484  

Last edited by Johnny Blaze 565; 07-16-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Johnny Blaze 565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
I've been curious what the warrior ceramichrome turnout version looks like. No pics located yet. These pipes would make a good swap-in second exhaust.
I have it as a spare. the cermachrome coated version looks like a hazy chrome which is possibly the best way for me to describe it. I have it in storage somewhere but i'll try post some pics up when i get a chance.
New_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion