My warrior got a boo boo! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My warrior got a boo boo!

I fell on Friday at a low speed and luckily wasn’t injured. Apart from my shoulder being a little sore and my helmet scratched I think I got off ok. On to the bike. I have a 2007 midnight warrior that already had a few modifications. My handlebars are bent and needs to be replaced. I have what I believed is called a T bar handlebars that sweep back. I want to replace this with something similar that I can conceal the cables. Open to suggestions so that I can kinda customize this bike further. Also looking to get rid of the stock rear fender and get something similar to a bobber. If you all know where I can get these items please let me know. Thank you.
Rasclat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear you dropped your bike, that sucks.

Internal wiring can be a bit challenging if you have never done it before. Stagger the solder connections inside the bars, so they do not become bulky as they pass through the bars. If you are experienced at this, my apologies.

Good luck with the mods, glad you are okay.

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proper way to check oil level
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Man that $ucks..
But the warrior can be fixed..

For the fender contact
Member CHRISTOK. .
He makes custom fenders for our warriors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry about the tip over man. Glad your ok! When looking for bars that accommodate internal wiring some will be described as ‘DFIW’ for Drilled For Internal Wiring. Personally I’d ride with the bars for a while and make sure I love them before going through the challenge of actually running cutting staggering re soldering wires.

Stretch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

sorry to hear about the mishap however it is good you are okay. Bikes can be fixed our bodies sometimes not so easy

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Glad you escaped relatively unscathed. You might be able to bend the bars back depending on how bad they are so that you can keep riding in comfort.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Glad to hear you didn't get hurt (to bad). It always sucks laying them down, even if your just standing still and you lose your footing... especially if you have custom work done to your ride...

Barrett50BMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion