Your thoughts on a used Warrior needing work. - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Your thoughts on a used Warrior needing work.

I checked out a 2004 Warrior today that has been garaged and sitting for a long time. The bike only has 4500 miles on it. It did fire up and sounded pretty good but that was sitting with no load on it.

It was packed in tight in a garage and not that easy to see but from what I could see of it, it needs at a minimum the following....

Needs tires first off. They are shot.
Front fork seals are shot.
Front brakes are shot. (Soaked with fork oil.)
Needs a battery.
Needs a major cleaning and polishing.

It does have a Vance and Hines exhaust. It does have a sissy bar. Looks like aftermarket bars on it too. Its not beat up or scratched up.

Guy is asking $2600 but sounds like he will come down in price. I know other things are going to pop up on this bike that are going to need repaired and I do not mind fixing a bike. But I am not really familiar with a Warrior so I thought I may ask you guys that are.

What do you guys think of this bike? Worth going after or not?
rigger4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's worth it.
Hit him at 2k and see what happens....

Battery is not alot..
Tires will probably be the more $$ .
This bikes are bulletproof...

Go for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Tires battery oil spark plugs filters maybe bulbs fuses and battery / starter cables and control cables and brake fluid and middle drive oil and brake kits and a belt and . . . ahh man this is gonna be awesome taking a garaged beast back to being a Beast!!

You might need to offer $2k in order to have the $1k cash for parts and repairs but you can do it mostly all in your garage over winter and roll it out in spring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not a great picture but best I have of at the moment. $2000 or less is kind of what I was thinking too. I know it will have some hidden issues, machines that have sat like this always do.
So you guys think its worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190923-124532_letgo_1569291498077.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	217506  
Old 09-23-2019, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was originally wanting something to ride this fall because thats when my wife and I like to ride the most. But I could roll it up into the livingroom and work on it over the winter. Next to the fireplace is nicer than my garage!
Old 09-23-2019, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Heck offer $1300 and go from there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

How is the rear shock on these bikes? Think Im going to have to rebuild it due to age and sitting?
Old 09-24-2019, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The rear shock is well built. No worries about sitting.

From what you posted it's worth a test ride and my guess is it's worth buying.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 09-24-2019 at 07:48 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

killer deal. looks like a fun project

2000 KAWASAKI ZRX1100

2001 KAWASAKI ZRX1200

2014 FORD MUSTANG GT

2003 FORD LIGHTNING
1sweetsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

go for it

Christo K
Mold your dreams into reality

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion