My garage find Warrior - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2019, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My garage find Warrior

Well thanks those of you here that chimed in on some advice about a 2004 Warrior, I decided to bring home my first Warrior today. It is what I would call a garage find because it had been sitting in the same spot in a garage for years! When I went to see it, it was actually hard to even get to and pretty much covered in dust.

When I came back today to pick it up, the owner had dug it out and gave the old girl a bath. Even rode it down the street. It actually runs great for a bike that has been sitting so much.

Needs tires, fork seals, some minor brake work, a battery, one **** of a good polishing and really good full service.

Only real damage on the bike is the front fender and the clutch lever. Looks like something must have fallen on the bike while stuffed in the garage.

It has a has a nice Vance and Hines system on it and sounds really good.

Never have done the cruiser thing before and I am looking forward to seeing how it goes. I can see doing something with those blinkers. Not real big on them. And working out something for some saddlebags but other than that, I think I will just ride it for a while and go from there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (8).jpg
Views:	82
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	217560   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (5).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	217562   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (3).jpg
Views:	73
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	217564   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (4).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	217566   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	217568  

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	217570  
rigger4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2019, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congtraz on getting it home...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice buy. Welcome to the family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Sandytows is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2019, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to the Brotherhood.
Blazingcold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome! Thats a nice looking machine ya found!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Diesel_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

That is a GREAT score on a really clean 04! Heck at those miles on the ticker it probably had its first service and stowed away. The cosmetic and tire/brake/fork issues are easy fixes so enjoy "the process" of making it yours and good luck. Oh yea, welcome aboard as this is the place for all things RSW! Ride safe.
Rg
InfidelXV1700pcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

So far it looks great. Now give the old girl a nice detail, get a toothbrush and get in there and wax that paint. By the way you also have Double TT drag bars and Kuryakyn grips. Take a look under the tank you might have an air kit as well.

What did you finally give for the bike?

Also what is wrong with the clutch lever?
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heftysmurf View Post
So far it looks great. Now give the old girl a nice detail, get a toothbrush and get in there and wax that paint. By the way you also have Double TT drag bars and Kuryakyn grips. Take a look under the tank you might have an air kit as well.

What did you finally give for the bike?

Also what is wrong with the clutch lever?
$2250 is as low as I could get him to go on it. The more I mess with the bike, the more I think I got a pretty good deal. There are some cosmetic things to deal with but really nothing major.

That clutch lever has the end broke off of it and the perch is just a little loose and pushed up. I just have not adjusted it back where it should be yet.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Got to tinker with the bike some tonight. Put it up on my little lift so it is easier to mess with. Pulled a few parts off of it so I could see a little more of what I have.

I was thinking the front brake pads would need to be replace because I originally thought they were soaked with fork oil. Now that I have gotten a chance to look closer, that may not be the case.

Still has the stock air filter set up and those filters are dirty and old. Time for new ones.

Spark plug color looks good but still getting new ones. Oil does not look bad but again, all normal service stuff is going to get serviced. Along with fresh brake fluid and of course the fork seals. Battery is also weak.

I am not too concerned with a major detail at the moment. I am going to clean up things that I have off. Like when I take off the wheels for tires, I am going to clean up and polish them out. I will do the major detail after this nice weather turns too cold to ride. When it gets really cold, I will give it a good bath and then bring it in the house. Set it right next to the fire place and start polishing everything up!

I can see in the near future getting some new levers. Doing something with the blinkers, I really don't care to much for how they look. Rigging up something for saddlebags.

A few questions for those of you that know more about this bike than I do.....
Since this bike has a full Vance and Hines exhaust, but still all stock air intake, should it have been tuned for the pipes or could it handle it without? I could see maybe doing a different air intake in the future and at that point I know it would have to be remapped.

The drive belt. From what I can see, the belt looks perfect but I will inspect it very closely when I pull the back wheel. I know it does not have any real miles on it but it is old. Should it be replaced or leave it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumbnail (10).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	217606  
Old 09-26-2019, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

First of all Strap the warrior down to the Jack......
Second do a search for the ECU Bump..
It's where u can bump the ECU so it doesn't run lean with Aftermrket pipes...
Once u do a different intake your gonna need a Tuner...
The belt can go upwards of 50k miles
With the warrior being stored inside the belt should be good 2 go...

Dont forget the Transfer Case oil...
Probably doesn't need it cause of the miles
But wouldn't hurt ....

Have fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion