Front turn signals - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2019, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Front turn signals

I went for a ride today and the brackets on my front blinkers broke.
So I looking for some new ones
What is everyone favorite.
Dhs1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2019, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Do you need the mount that wraps around the fork legs, or just the signal housing, or?

It will also be helpful to know what model year you have because the sockets and bulbs differ in later years, as do the lens color and the housing chrome or black.

For aftermarket, others can speak better than I can. If you get replacements that are LED, or are single-filament bulbs for turn signals-only (no front 'running' lights like stock) then do a search for C.O.D. or click of death.

Hope this helps you target what you need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 12-28-2019 at 10:16 PM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

The plastic sleeve around the fork broke
But I'd but up for led replacements

Old 12-28-2019, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Oh and it's a 2007
Old 12-28-2019, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I should have some stock ones I can hook you up with, cheap. They dont have the bullet connectors on them and I think one of the lenses is broken but that plastic piece you need should be fine. If you like I can look tomorrow and send you pics. Thinking like $10 plus shipping.

milkman672042000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Okay, so stock 2005 and newer will match your bulbs and sockets.

If you go with LED aftermarket lights then search COD as mentioned earlier. You'll want to put some resistance in the sky blue wire inside the headlight bucket to avoid COD (or some other branch of that sky blue wire even if under the rider seat). There is a ton of ink on this around here. The key is: COD is not caused by LED signals, it is actually caused by NOT having stock front 'running' lights and NOT having stock 'license plate' lights. Its a whole weird thing, but you can read about it here.

Have fun! Its actually a cool mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhs1983 View Post
Oh and it's a 2007

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Heres the turn signals I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81523920_594143071153963_3166734719404474368_n.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	219194   Click image for larger version

Name:	82557142_819842411816170_3842453329854595072_n.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	219196  

milkman672042000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I sent pm Milkman
KonaWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion