Battery time. - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to akitadog
Default Battery time.

Well after 15 years on my stock battery its getting a little slower this morning. I saw someone mentioned an Odyssey battery that fits the warrior. I dont lipo to risky for my comfort. Can someone let me know the number for the Odyssey? Thx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mark
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

akitadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mark you might have set a record for original stock battery longevity!

Not what you asked but I'm real happy with my Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 (March 2014) and Shorai SHO-BMS01 Charger. A bit more money but its still spinning strong.

arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: From Whittier,California Live in Ventura,California

Sheesh man, if the stock battery lasted that long get another lol.

2002 XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
My Mods
Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT(Non-Black)
Speedstar Gen2 Exhaust

Riding On the Darkside #2 (235/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S)

Rudy Jeremias
(562)303-6036
rij1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2020, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

$hit that's crazy....
I get about 2yrs out of my Vehicles n warrior batteries ....

Go with the same battery...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mike, not quite 15. I purchased the bike in September '05 and has 50K miles. I religiously plug my maintainer when I park it at home. I wished my Jeep batteries would last as long..lol
Well the Yuasa sells around $85, theres got to be newer battery tech that falls around half the cost?

I'll check the Shorai out.

Mark

Last edited by akitadog; 01-12-2020 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spel
Old 01-12-2020, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

I got a new battery about 2 months ago
The Yuasha Battery from Chaparral Moto
$85 ...

Desertboy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboy13 View Post
I got a new battery about 2 months ago
The Yuasha Battery from Chaparral Moto
$85 ...

This looks like the one I have now.

https://www.chapmoto.com/yuasa-high-...ry-parent-fid9

hmmm might just go with this, since it looks like the original.
$76 ohh

thx

Mark

Old 01-13-2020, 04:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Oops. That pic seems to be the wrong battery?

The original is Yuasa GT14B-4-GS (made by GS in USA). The YT14B-4-BS (made in Yuasa Japan factory) is the same part. Notice its POS position on the battery is on the left and the battery is smaller in size than the part number shown in the pic posted.

I realize you are staying with Yuasa but just so its been said. That original battery is less powerful than the modern Lithium Iron (notice its NOT Ion but Iron) Shorai coupled with their multi-feed individual-cell charge design of the matching Shorai charger. It spins the motor effortlessly. It weighs nothing and is physically a bit smaller outside dimensions. But it does cost more. https://shoraipower.com/lfx18a1-bs12-p86 (it costs far less if you buy it from resellers online). Again I know you are going another way but wanted to give-it-all in case helpful. Lithium is NON-HAZARDOUS AND NEARLY 100% RECYCLABLE.

"Lithium batteries offer huge advantages over lead acid batteries by way of lower weight, greater cell voltage, higher power densities, longer operating life and is a non-hazardous material."

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 01-13-2020 at 05:32 AM.
arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Mark you might have set a record for original stock battery longevity!

Not what you asked but I'm real happy with my Shorai LFX18A1-BS12 (March 2014) and Shorai SHO-BMS01 Charger. A bit more money but its still spinning strong.
I had same, and It kept well even between long periods (1 or 2 months) of no ride or charge.

SiRaDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh my...! Nice looking battery. You're right about the price being up there. Now what is Lithium-IRON. I deal with Lipo's and they can be picky batteries, but IRON? Does that mean they found away around the hazards of LIPo's? Gona have to kick this around a bit more.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion