New gas tank - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New gas tank

couldn't wait till it's done to post this. The metal fab is about 75% complete. I think it goes with the sissy bar well. Gonna make another seat to go around the point at the end of the tank.

Insert Image:

83.48KB

Insert Image:

92.8KB

Insert Image:

57.67KB
ehacker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2005, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: New gas tank

That looks pretty cool. Is that all new...or just add ons to the stock tank?
warstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

bravo..... thats one hot tank. Have you tested its capacity yet? Any estimates..I have been toying with the idea of a completely custom tank but just haven't bit yet. I deffinitely want more fuel than the little 2.7 mine holds since my accident.
novice_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2005, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice work. Do you have a custom seat to go with it?
bill58d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think it will hole somewhere between 2.5-3. we'll see when its done. It'll definately hold more than the tank I am using now

quote:Originally posted by bill58d

Nice work. Do you have a custom seat to go with it?

I have the seat I made for the last tank/fender. I'm going to cut the fiberglass pan to fit real tight around the point
Old 04-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
DRB

That's gonna look cool when it's done. My ears bleed everytime I look at those pipes.[:0]
DRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awesome work...I see why the patio stone concrete form is still in the box. Your too busy making a KICK A** bike.

I'm with DRB...Those pipes are awesome in a bloody eardrum kinda way!

Rock on!

P.S....Wish I had welders, torches and bottles of NOS just sitting around.....Can I come over and play?
condrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

3 Gallons aint bad. Thats about what stock was. Whats your ideas on paint. Bling Bling... or Dark and Bloody?...(ear). I mean since your making a custom one Might as Well get a custom job on it. Honestly check out www.alsacorp.com for some paint dude. Some of the paint on there is easy as **** to paint. Follow procedure and your done hombre!!! I can see some pinstriping about to go on that tank too..... Where are the front mounts going to be? DETAILS MAN!!!
novice_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by novice_warrior

3 Gallons aint bad. Thats about what stock was. Whats your ideas on paint. Bling Bling... or Dark and Bloody?...(ear). I mean since your making a custom one Might as Well get a custom job on it. Honestly check out www.alsacorp.com for some paint dude. Some of the paint on there is easy as **** to paint. Follow procedure and your done hombre!!! I can see some pinstriping about to go on that tank too..... Where are the front mounts going to be? DETAILS MAN!!!

It'll be flat black still. I was planning to add pinstripes to it. The rear will mount just like stock. The front is still to be decided
Old 04-13-2005, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by warstar

That looks pretty cool. Is that all new...or just add ons to the stock tank?

This is completely from scratch. I got pissed off at the stock tank so I made a new one how it should have been made in the first place...16 gauge. That stock one is so thin. I didn't notice that one of the rubber cup thingies on the front to hold the tank in place came off when putting the tank back on. I rode about thirty miles...rode 15 then noticed the tank was shaking on one side and got off to check it. A fawking zip tie poked through the tank if that tells you how thin the stocker is. It litterally just split the metal about a 1/2" long and 1/16" wide. It was pouring gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion