removing buttons from tach shell - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default removing buttons from tach shell

How do you get the buttons out of the tach shell???? Getting ready to powder coat and nee to get them out.
ProStreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2004, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: removing buttons from tach shell

I powder coated mine and it is not easy. You have to disconnect them and very carefully push them out from the bottom.(the tops of the buttons should pry off and then you have to push out the rubber housing) You also need to be very carefull when you remove the black plate from that same area. Dont think your done yet, the silver piece around the tach display is almost impossible to get off without damaging it. Plan on spending some time and going very slow.
DTMsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

for the button's aply alittle wd40 (i mean a little) and push from the back, it should come out no problem.as for the black face there are two way's heat or get some glue remover and soke the double sided tape until it releases. do not pry let the release agent do it's work.
carsmeticsinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2004, 01:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys WD-40 did the trick. I didnt relise they pushed out from the back!!!!! As far as the silver tach part and the plate around the buttons they came off easy, but are not going back on.
ProStreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion