Integrated Rear Taillight - Fender Eliminator? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Integrated Rear Taillight - Fender Eliminator?

I started taking off my rear lights because the integrated tail light is on order. As I removed it, it appears (haven't looked real hard) that I may need the fender eliminator kit before I can go with just the taillight.

Is this true??
fruitjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Integrated Rear Taillight - Fender Eliminator?

Although I did go with the eliminator at the same time,I don't see why you would have to. The Integrated tail light is basically plug and play,although I did add load equalizers to slow down the flash rate. They are just added in the wiring, the tail light mounting is the same. Hope that's the question you were asking.
youngja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
JAK

You don't need the fender kit it will still work without it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]What do ya mean i aint kind just not your kind!!
JAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi Fruitjacket, in order to have a mounting location for your license plate, you can use a Yamaha rear fender eliminator kit, or one of our PE side mount license plate brackets.

click this to check out a PE side mount kit:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Road-Star-Warrior-License-Plate-Bracket-Side-Mount_W0QQitemZ180215031568QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m180215031568>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Road-Star-Warrior-License-Plate-Bracket-Side-Mount_W0QQitemZ180215031568QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m180215031568
cbrmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

hey fj you can use a dremel with a little cut off wheel & trim the stock plastic & drill new license plate holes then nothing will be seen but the license plate,my camara is shot ,so i have no pictures.do not cut off the snap clips that secure the tailight trim ring piece ,cut rite beneath them.
terryeddy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

quote:Originally posted by terryeddy72

hey fj you can use a dremel with a little cut off wheel & trim the stock plastic & drill new license plate holes then nothing will be seen but the license plate,my camara is shot ,so i have no pictures.do not cut off the snap clips that secure the tailight trim ring piece ,cut rite beneath them.

I just put my MD Wright Integrated Tail light on this weekend. It comes with a plate bracket but doesn't seem very strong. So I did this exact thing. Trimmed the stock fender and bolted the plate right under the tail light. You can cut some of the suppurt ribs off the back and you'll see even less. Good luck
seminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nope, you don't have to waste money on the eliminator kit Fruit. Me and Scawein put my integrated light on yesterday and did what most seem to do and just took the stock setup off and dremeled off the bottom and sides. You can actually even dremel flush with the fender and into those side latches that hold the two pieces together becuase they are also held together by two screws and you don't have to take enough off to make them nonfunctional anyway.

If you only wanted to unscrew the stock turns but didn't want to eliminate all that other extra clutter you could just unplug your stock light though and plug the new one in and be done with it. That would save having to find a better way to light your plate at least.
MarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am using the bracket from MC Enterprises. And it is still working just fine as a year of riding.
You have to take a dremel to your stock plastic and bolt this up to it.
bucky685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have a side mount plate so I Dont have anything back there
Jon_Cocktoastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think I asked the question poorly.

I already have my plate side mounted.
fruitjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion