DynoJet Custom Mapping - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default DynoJet Custom Mapping

A Friend of mine runs a Dynojet Custom Mapping Center at a Local Honda Dealership and he was kind enough to have me in for the early bird special[[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]] this morning at 6 am for some Custom Mapping on my Warrior... I figured I would take some pictures & video with sound to share with you folks who have never experienced having a custom map made specifically for your Warrior. This is my 4th Custom Map since owning my Warrior and Shawn (my buddy) has done all four of my maps. I will not stress enough how important it is to get a competent "Certified DynoJet Technician" who understands the entire process. Listed below are my dates of each map, broken down in stages of external and internal modifications. My goal has always been based on getting her to 100hp. That was my goal and finally after many years of different stages of modifications and many trials. I can honestly say I am very happy with my "Complete Package" pertaining to My Warrior.

1st Custom Map....May 2002

Modifications: Bubs Boom Can (slip-on), BAK, AIS Blocked, PCIII.

85hp & 106 ft.lbs.

2nd Custom Map....Feburary 2003

Modifications: V&H Pro pipe, HC Pistons, VBAK, AIS Blocked, Krankvent, PCIII.

92hp & 112 ft.lbs.

3rd Custom Map....August 2005

Modifications: OE 108 Big Bore, 10:50.1 HC Pistons, Speedstar Cams, Speedstar Springs, Speedstar ECU, Heads Custom Ported & Polished, +2 Valves, Exhaust Ports custom port & polish, VBAK, Krankvent, Rinehart Racing Exhaust System with stock baffles, PCIIIusb. (stock 200 rear tire)

106.7hp & 127.9 ft.lbs.

4th Custom Map....Sept 2006 (today)

Modifications: OE 108 Big Bore, 10:50.1 HC Pistons, Speedstar Cams, Speedstar Springs, Speedstar ECU, Heads Custom Ported & Polished, +2 Valves, Exhaust Ports custom port & polish, VBAK, Krankvent, Rinehart Racing Exhaust System with Big City Thunder "Monster" Baffles (6-1/4" mounted deep), PCIIIusb. (240 rear tire)

100.2hp & 120.3 ft.lbs.

*Please note the change between Map 3 & 4 in overall HP & Torque due to the addition of the slow me down Fat *******, 240 rear end[[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]]. More mass ='s less power. Only other change is the baffles.

Enjoy the Pictures & Video's....[[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-624367256676598263&hl=en

Ready for Entry...[[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]]

22.77*KB

Strapping the Beast Down....

28.9*KB

CO Sensor being installed in tail pipe....

35.69*KB

Sound proof room....Yea, right![[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]]

14.69*KB

CO Sensor installed in tail pipe....

35.21*KB

Working on Custom Map....

30.98*KB

Print out....

45.71*KB

Enjoy the Video....[[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-624367256676598263&hl=en

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: DynoJet Custom Mapping

Cool stuff... I see it's a Honda dealership. Would they accept other Warrior owners if one called and scheduled it through their service dept? Frankly, I just don't know where to go in CT so if they know their stuff I'd make the ride.
MotoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Its very cool they allowed you to film. It shows a lot of class and confidence.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2006, 02:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Very cool video, thanks.
PapaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the side show , love that BBBB Big Blue Bad Beast![^]
wailen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

That was too cool.
Thanks for sharing.
BusaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for that video its nice to finnaly see what happens behind those doors.
dude143a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Like I did mention The Dyno Tech is a personal friend of mine and he had me in at 6am for the early bird special........hint, hint. If my appointment would have been during normal business hours I would not have been allowed in the Dyno area to film. It is off limits as most shops during operations.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

PM sent....This is not a Harley Dealership My Friend[[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]]. They accept all style and model bikes. My Dyno Tech has mapped close to 2000 bikes in his 6 years of mapping.

quote:Originally posted by MotoWarrior

Cool stuff... I see it's a Honda dealership. Would they accept other Warrior owners if one called and scheduled it through their service dept? Frankly, I just don't know where to go in CT so if they know their stuff I'd make the ride.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing Ed.

Most shops are not going to let you in due to liability and insurance issues.
The_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion