Starter just clicks, bike won't start...help! - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 PM  

Default Starter just clicks, bike won't start...help!

Ok, first off I did search but I'm in a bit of a jam and need to get my bike running so I can get it home before I leave town for the long weekend so any help would be much appreciated!

Bike started on first try when I left work at lunch..rode 2 miles to the bank to use the ATM and when I got back on it I got nothing but clicking when I engage the starter. I doubled checked the kill switch and tried with the clutch pulled in...same result.

Checked the ignition, decomp, and ECU fuses and swapped them out w/spares..same problem. Didn't get a chance to check the main or starter solenoid fuse (30A) yet..any chance it could be one of them or would it click at all if one had blown?

No major mods in recent past except an LED license plate frame a few weeks ago. I do have a PCIII, BAK, etc...

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 05:00 PM  

Default Re: Starter just clicks, bike won't start...help!

Its a posability you might have a dead battery mine did that a few weeks ago and I just had to put a charger on it for a few hours and its good to go now.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:00 PM  

Sounds like the battery's dead to me. Mine did the same thing, I jump started it...and was good to go. Hope this helps.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:02 PM  

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba

ya battery needs a charge asap!!....my sons delivered bike today, did just that [crumby dealer]...stuck it on charge for an hour and bingo!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
Old 09-03-2009, 05:02 PM  

Sounds to me either a bad conection at the battery, or the battery decided to take a crap on ya. I would check you conections at the battery first.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:03 PM  

hmm..I don't know...I forgot to mention the battery goes on a Battery Tender every time I park it and the battery is only 2.5yrs old...I did check the connections and no corrosion, etc..
Old 09-03-2009, 05:07 PM  

I thought battery tenders just maintained the charge, but did not actually charge the battery...

But since nobody has mentioned it I think it might be your battery...

Just to make sure... have you checked your voltage?

Old 09-03-2009, 05:55 PM  

Thanks all..I'll try jump starting it after work (car off!) and see if I can't get it back in the stable.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 PM  

Battery tenders are actually a trickle charger that have a micro processor to control the voltage amount delivered to the battery as well as be able to tell when the battery is full. It then reduces the amount of charge to maintain a full charge in the cells of the battery. NOW- charging the battery every time you get off it might have caused the cells to rupture. I reccommend only charging when the bike is in storage or if your not going to ride it for a while. Generally the battery will maintain a well enough to charge for a while...I have a tender but only use it when I'm not going to be on the bike for a week or more.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:04 PM  

I thought that was the point of the Battery Tender...keeps the battery at peak charge and has the electronics to not over charge/damage the battery...anyone else hook yours up daily?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion