STAGE IV HELP - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to marine warrior
Default STAGE IV HELP

I have reciently procured a 2002 Stage 4 bike with all the proper documentation.

I can verify the ECU Injector's pistons, speed star pipe, velocity stacks every thing that is visably related to the kits short of the internals. I took it to a dyno shoot out to day to be embarrassed by a group of HARDLEYS.

Again a full speed star stage 4 kit with a 31 tooth pully. I posted 80 hp and 105 torque The Bike dose not have a PC111 but and theECU is set to CO O1 =+14 and CO 02 =+14 The Dyno looked very smooth with the power curve peaking at about 4500 rpms before falling off.

I knowI need to put in a pc 3 and have a custom map butI really dont believe that it will give me the numbers I am looking for of about 95+ and 110+ which is a reasonable expectation out the factory kit. I did do a compression test on the rear cylinder in my exploration of the elusive HC pistion I did confirm based on a set of pictures of the brass colored dome that I do indeed have SS HC Pistons. It posted 170 psi vs my Wifes bike with a 160 psi this was done knowing that hers is completely stock.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: STAGE IV HELP

sounds like you need to look deeper in the motor, we have a stock 102 no hc pistons doing 88 hp and 118 torque and no pc or anything right now, just pipes . the thing just runs real good, btk572
btk572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk572
we have a stock 102 no hc pistons doing 88 hp and 118 torque and no pc or anything right now, just pipes . the thing just runs real good
It does more that just run real good. It has to be the one in a million cuz it is making much more HP and torque than any other stock bike on the planet. ****, it's making more than many modded bikes, particularly the torque. What set of pipes is raising the torque by so much?

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

You can do a lot with a PC and Dyno tune. Mine's giving about the better #s that you mentioned above after the initial tune ... we did not have time tofine tune the map for max power. A proper tune with those components can find you 10 hp though...
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Your #'s = those ofa low compression bike.

Did you pull the plugs & look at the top of the pistons to verify they are domed instead of dished as we discussed via cell?

BTW: +14 on the CO with a SS ECU & SSinjectors??

IMHO the bike would flood the engine with fuel @ anything other than full throttle.

What color are the injectors?
Forum member #113

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brother of the Wind

All things great & small should be horizontal or perpendicular to the center line of the earth.

Churchkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Centerline/Steve would be another good person to talk to about this since he had two Stage IV Warriors. Better get that thing runnin' right before you get embarrassed by ANOTHER Harley.

Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

MarineWarrior, I agree with Woody your Stage4 numbers should be better: https://rswarrior.com/forums/t/120968.aspx Also, its possible but expensive to build a Stage4 HD which can be a wicked machine too, on a dyno, but who knows possibly won't perform as well on the road.

Billy, I agree with Oldman. But you still haven't posted pics and info on your bike in your galleryso its hard to help you see if maybe there's more to your bike than you realize. Post those pics okay!

Changing gears, I wonder if there's some HP and TQ numbers being posted that were "at-the-crank" numbers, and others that were "rear-wheel" dyno numbers, possiblyexplaining why that water is getting muddyhere? I dunno, just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk572

sounds like you need to look deeper in the motor, we have a stock 102 no hc pistons doing 88 hp and 118 torque and no pc or anything right now, just pipes . the thing just runs real good, btk572

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchkey

Your #'s = those ofa low compression bike.

Did you pull the plugs & look at the top of the pistons to verify they are domed instead of dished as we discussed via cell?

BTW: +14 on the CO with a SS ECU & SSinjectors??

IMHO the bike would flood the engine with fuel @ anything other than full throttle.

What color are the injectors?

Woody,

Here is what I have done to check the pistions' I did a completed compression test on the back cylinder unhooking the decomppression solenoid and acheived 170 psi. I did the same on Anna's Bike and achevived 160 psi. I found this link below with these pictures

https://rswarrior.com/forums/t/24542.aspx?PageIndex=1with this picture below

The color of the piston in the cylinder seems to match the picure of the piston. Looks kinda Likebrass'ie The Injectors are Grayand again the it apears to have all the other componets thatare on the outside of the bikeI have been able to check every thing by eye except the internals.

I am reall at a loss on this one. Here is a link where others have seemed to have the same problem. look below Fyi I had the fuel on the ecu marked up to 50 on both pistons and it never acted funny. Call me if you have a chance. thanks Jim

https://rswarrior.com/forums/p/21121/327008.aspx#327008
Old 11-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

It is the shape of the piston you need to check ... not color . you need to feel the 'step' on each side . the stock piston is flat across this surface.
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

what type of tool do you recomend?
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion