Do I Need This?? - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to robriguez
Default Re: Do I Need This??

How can you overfill your tank? Even if you fill the tank while the bike is vertical and level, even to the point where fuel is pouring out of the fill hole, there is still air in the top of the tank. no? I guess because my valve is in place ive never noticed it but I fill to the point that fuel is a mm or 2 above the fill hole plate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

robriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez
How can you overfill your tank? Even if you fill the tank while the bike is vertical and level, even to the point where fuel is pouring out of the fill hole, there is still air in the top of the tank. no? I guess because my valve is in place ive never noticed it but I fill to the point that fuel is a mm or 2 above the fill hole plate.

It's not that you over fill the tank, it's the expansion of the gas/vapors caused by high temps. I noticed a few drops below the line one evening after filling up the tank and letting the bike sit in the vegas sun for a few summer hours.
sin_city_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Throw it out casey...i dunno, these guys must not do it like us....tire smokin burnouts outta the gas pumps, that top off gas is through the pipes within a quarter mile..

parkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it. I will be figuring something out to re-route the hose, but that valve is going in the circular file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinglot
Throw it out casey...i dunno, these guys must not do it like us....tire smokin burnouts outta the gas pumps, that top off gas is through the pipes within a quarter mile..

You got that right!!

07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion