Do I Need This?? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do I Need This??

While I have just about everything off of my bike I am cleaning up some wires and wire routing to make everything look nice, neat and clean.

The hoses that come out of our gas tant on the left side just run down the frame rail and dump to the ground. One hose goes to this (dead center in pic):

It is a one way valve (Yes I blew into it) But what does it prevent? Flow allowed is away from the tank and not back into it. Could someone enlighten me as to what the need is for this? I would like to not use it at all and take it off the bike.Ilost my service manual pdf file because I had to re-install my OS to my laptop cause it took a sh*t Saturday. Thanks for the help guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Do I Need This??

it's called a rollover valve. think it keeps gas from spilling if you dump it. don't ever want to find out. i put mine behind the scoop on the left side.
60ftgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think it is there for when you fill your tank full on a hot day, and the heat causes the gas to expand. It lets the gas out when it expands. (insert fart joke here)

My guess.
sin_city_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

This is the best line I've seen related to the roll over valve:

https://rswarrior.com/forums/p/26940/388036.aspx#388036

Also happens to be with instructions on how to reroute the lines so they're hidden. -SK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
starkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

I had to go look, but mines gone Hasn't presented a problem in the hot Kentucky summers.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
HURD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURD

I had to go look, but mines gone Hasn't presented a problem in the hot Kentucky summers.

Second that! Mines been gone for a year, and no gas ever spilled.
grizzy636063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

its a vent for the fuel tank, if you remove it dont overfill your tank especially on a hot day otherwise the fuel will pour out on a hot engine and result in a possible fire. i pulled mine off my 02 and never had a problem however rerouting it would be the better solution
southboundchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southboundchicken

its a vent for the fuel tank, if you remove it dont overfill your tank especially on a hot day otherwise the fuel will pour out on a hot engine and result in a possible fire. i pulled mine off my 02 and never had a problem however rerouting it would be the better solution

My line runs back and down in out in front of the tire. I fill my tankto the max everytime and have never had a spill. I must be lucky or something.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
HURD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Removed mine years ago. Had it overflow a little once on a hot day after a fill up but was not a big deal. Other than that no problems at all.
skybejef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by southboundchicken

My line runs back and down in out in front of the tire. I fill my tankto the max everytime and have never had a spill. I must be lucky or something.

you and me both, i personally have never had mine over flow but also have also personally seen another warrior spit up so much fuel from an over filled tank that had it poured over the motor it might have been a bad day day for one warrior rider ..... most likely this thing was brought on by some ambulance chasing lawyer and is probably over kill as long as you excercise some caution but re-routing down the back of the bike so you dont see it would be best as opposed to complete removal
southboundchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion