Speedometer from miles to kilometers (have read manual) - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Speedometer from miles to kilometers (have read manual)

Hi guys,

Just got my Warrior yesterday, needless to say - I'm thrilled ! Coming from Yama Fazer (stripped), this is such a different feeling, it's like riding with my couch

I love the bike so far, though I have a dumb question - what do I need to do to switch the speedometer from miles to kmh ?

I read the manual, it says to push the select button for 2 seconds and doing it - it does switch the trip odometers between miles and kmh, but the speedometer lighted area stays miles. I'd like to switch that to kilometers as I live in Europe and I'm quite sure there's a way, since both kmh and miles are indicated at the speedometer as well, it's just the kmh is dim and miles is being lit up when I fire the bike.

Whilst during day I can see kmh when I need to, at night it's practically impossible.

Do I need an ecu programmer of some sort to switch it ?

Thanks in advance !
tutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 03:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

You can change the speedometer between miles and km/h
By pressing the switch N2 you can only change the total/partial trip between miles & km/h.

My speedometer is in miles (big letters) and km/h (small letters) and the km/h are still not visible even in the day light.

Where did you live in Europe???
AMDMAN_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, glad I found this place !

By switch n2 you mean Reset button? Gonna try that in a few minutes, but i think it'll just reset the counter. Select only switches the odometer data to kmh.

I have the US version of the bike, it sailed to me over the big sea all the way to Sofia, Bulgaria

Old 04-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

By pressing the left/select button you change the total/partial trip between miles and km/h.
Whats the only thing you can change.

Several years ago I found a speedometer only in Km/h on Ebay Canada, but miss it because I was traveling.
AMDMAN_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutin View Post

I love the bike so far, though I have a dumb question - what do I need to do to switch the speedometer from miles to kmh ?

!
I think you can't swich speedo from miles to kmh... it already is in kmh (small numbers under miles...). and it is a problem for it's not visible enough.
Only way to switch it, I presume, order another speedo with just kmh on it...
cromerla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yes , the Canadian speedos show just Kilometers. It looks much cleaner too ; because they don't have the miles squeezed in there also.
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Okay so that's that.

Indeed it's not that much a problem, who looks at the speedo anyways, but I thought if it's something easy, then it was worth a try. I wont go as far as changing the entire panel.

Thanks everybody !
Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

You can always have a new speedo face made. I had one made to add graphics and it's really not that bad to change out.

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/21-h...eter-face.html
ratrod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion