I need help with some hoses - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I need help with some hoses

HI, I download the manual, but I can't seems to find where the two hoses connect the one's that goes on top of the rear cylinder, one goes to the reservoir.? pls any help is much appreciate..!
spiderman3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hose that comes off the center of the valve cover goes to oil tank reservoir. Hose that comes off of the vent at the right side front of the cover is the crankcase vent and most route the hose under the seat or wherever they feel comfortable. A very very small amount of oil will come out of the end of that crankcase vent hose so be aware of that when deciding where you route the end of that hose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ty, you haven't filled-in your BIKE information tab (in your profile) but I think your bike has a VBAK intake, right? I sorta remember it was done by the prior owner so it already existed when you bought the bike. So if that's right then 07midnight is right on target.

This question seems to be asked more often these days, so I've been sotra looking for topics here with pictures of these hoses but I'm not having much luck. I even went to Redhorse, Bill1943, and Churchkey but didn't find the clear unobstructed pics. Its not a good time for me to pull the tank, too much going on lol.

So I'm really just 'bumping' this in case someone else knows of existing posts with BAK or VBAK install pics showing these hoses and their routes, unobstructed. This is one of those times that pictures really are worth a thousand words!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 04-30-2011 at 03:33 AM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hey arizona, when I get home from work today I can snap a few pics for you. I already have all that stuff apart. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I can send them to you tonight.

07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

yes has the vbak, power commander, K&N filters..!
so once again, the left side exit of the rear cylinder goes to the reservoir, and the right side exit of the rear cylinder is a breather.!
spiderman3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Rear Cylinder No. 1 - Head Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman3k View Post
HI, I download the manual, but I can't seems to find where the two hoses connect the one's that goes on top of the rear cylinder, one goes to the reservoir.? pls any help is much appreciate..!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman3k View Post
yes has the vbak, power commander, K&N filters..!
so once again, the left side exit of the rear cylinder goes to the reservoir, and the right side exit of the rear cylinder is a breather.!
You are correct:
  • The LH breather hose goes to the Oil Tank and is the oil tank breather as OEM built and does not change for a BAK/VBAK
The RH breather hose is a moulded assy as OEM that originally connected to the factory airbox and is treated differently by members after adding the BAK/VBAK.
  • This is the engine breather hose

My version of the termination & routing of the breather hose after installing Churchkey's V-BAK is shown in this link

- Starting System
&

&

Last edited by alanh; 05-01-2011 at 01:15 PM.
alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion