Warrior Rear Tire Technical Detail - Page 5 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

I can tell you the 300 Avon av72 gives me a lot more clearance, left and right sides, than the metzeler 300 even though there are speced the width on a 10" rim.
aznwrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #42 (permalink)

Hey Arizonawarrior, Pirelli will release the missing info on the DiabloRossoII in december with the new brochure.
mattbowdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'm looking for someone to Manage this Topic and improve it to include Warrior front and rear tire options. The idea has been to convert tire specs into an apples-apples format for a direct comparison. I have the Master File so setting-up your new topic will take ten minutes, and I'll walk you through it no problem.

Most of the rhe rear tire data is already there. The front tire data needs to be created and posted next.

There's no good way to track mileage here, it depends on so many variables so I omitted it lol. Ideas?

I've been thinking of adding a note if a tire is dual-compound because some dual-compound tires have nearly equal width hard-compound centers and soft-compound egde bands while others have a very wide hard center and very very narrow soft edges. That info can be handy for many because the Warrior might not lean low enough to advantage the softer compound on some tires. But I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Lots of us rely on this info when we shop tires. If you are interested please lemme know because I can use all the help I can get!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #44 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Added:

Avon Storm ST 200/50ZR17 (discontinued)
. Tire Width: 203mm = 7.99"
. Tire Diameter: 630mm = 24.8"
. Tread Depth: 6.8mm = over 8/32"
. Rim Range: 6" - 6.5" (6.25" rec)
. Capacity: 853 pounds
. Weight of Tire: 16.5 pounds (16 lb / 8 oz) (7.5 kg) (post office scale) <----

Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #45 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Bump: for someone interested in taking over this topic?

Old 12-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #46 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Are there any more Warrior rear tires to be added to the list before it's compiled?
Are there any more missing details can be filled-in for tires already on the list?

(see the original post)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion