Checking if a light bulb is burned, into speedo? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Checking if a light bulb is burned, into speedo?

Hi guys, for some reason my right signal light bulb located into speedo does not blink anymore... I think is burned. Anyone has a guide that tells me how to take that thing apart? Or is there an easier way to check if the light bulb is burned, without taking the speedo in pieces?

Thanks a lot.

Floren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Night Demon -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

Friends call me Floren, join the
group on Facebook
"If you are not sure, just open the throttle"
TECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 03:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Are we to assume that your actual right turn signal light works fine but the indicator in the speedo does not?

Just to clarify....

SiRaDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ya, the blinker lights work perfect on both sides, front and rear (no fast blinking). The left light blinks into speedo, but not the right one. So I presume is probably a burned bulb... I'm afraid to take it apart, not sure I will break something... I ask you guys first.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook

Old 08-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Here ya go...

Old 08-28-2011, 03:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

The speedometer assembly is actually not serviceable, but I remember a thread here that someone made to change the background face of the speedometer to a custom pic.

They had step by step instruction on how to take apart the speedo, some cutting a gluing might be needed though.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Sira... so if the bulb is burned I have to replace the entire speedo...
In a way I kind of like that, as I was planning to to re-position it so it does not get blocked anymore by the Carlini bars. I'm going to check it tomorrow, based on your image. There is one thing I'm not clear. The B is the negative and BR the positive. So if I want to check the other bulbs, I connect the negative to LG and positive to Y? Or I just connect the negative to B and then the positive to any other connectors? Just making sure...

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook

Last edited by TECK; 08-28-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

I think this is a green plug coming off the speedo. (not sure)

Just keep the negative lead as shown in the pic. Then hit all the other pins one at the time with the positive lead wire and each pin should turn on a specific LED.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks captain, will do.

Night Demon -
Winner -

First
with the Demon - Another

group on Facebook
Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECK View Post
Hi guys, for some reason my right signal light bulb located into speedo does not blink anymore... I think is burned. Anyone has a guide that tells me how to take that thing apart? Or is there an easier way to check if the light bulb is burned, without taking the speedo in pieces?

Thanks a lot.

Floren
Be careful with your tinkering here The plug in question on the OEM wiring is Green as stated by Eric.
The Brown wire is positive polarity and is NOT used for the turn signal indicators

Not that i'm selling anything but the wiring diagram in my Sig has the polarities and is a very useful tool...

The RH signal led indicator is Dark Green = Positive battery terminal & Negative battery terminal to Black wire

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Look in wyomingwarrior's DIY thread for the custom speedo face I did a wright up on taking the speedo apart. The lights are led's that are soldered in but others have changed them out in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion