foot control bolts - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default foot control bolts

I traded another warrior forum pal my supreme legend contols for stock. I went to mount the stock controls and noticed the bolts connecting to the frame seem to big to big. They go into a little way then stop. I have double checked to make sure they are going in strait and they are. These controls came off an 07 and mine is an 04. Does anyone know the correct bolt size for the foot controls off an 04? Let me save some time and also say that I have checked the Yamaha parts book. It shows the 07 had a different part number but now the same as the 04. So, hopefully someone knows the bolt size.
jadmas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I agree with you that these fasteners appear to be the same all model years, like you I also checked 2004 and 2007.

Some of Yamaha's older fastener part numbers did not follow their 'coded part number' sequences and some did. These fasteners seem to have followed the 'code in 2004 but not in 2007. I'm beginning to think 'possibly' that Yamaha is converting or correcting their part numbers to all reflect fastener dimensions etc. BUT THIS IS A GUESS.

The old 2007 part# for these was 90111-10014-00 and the fastener part numbers beginning with '901' are known to NOT follow the code.

The 2004 part# AND the revised 2007 part# for this part is 92014-10050-00 which does possibly follow the code. For example, this fastener could be a 10mm x 050mm long (~2-inches long) if coded. I'm not able to remove a fastener to check it out. The left and right sides are the same part number. The California model is the same part number.

I'm not sure why the fasteners (#9 and #18 below) that came with the other gent's stock rider peg brackets don't fit for diameter, or for length, since the change of part number doesn't actually change the thread dimensions. Are you thinking he just sent the wrong fasteners by accident?

The Yamaha fastener 'code' doesn't cover thread pitch but maybe try 1.25 pitch (M10x50 1.25p).

[outdated image deleted]

The 'attachment' here https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/92-d...ml#post2305728 covers the Yamaha fastener 'code'.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 06-21-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: updated with better attachment link
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Keeping this separate:

The 2002 service manual, page 2-25, shows the Footrest Bracket and Frame bolts
being M10 and having 35 ft/lbs torque (48Nm). It might be a steel/zinc fastener?

The 2003 Supplement, Page 2, shows added info: apply Loctite (Blue #243 Loctite brand works).

The 2006 Supplement does not add or delete anything for these fasteners.

My best guess is M10x50 1.25p steel/zinc with an allen head.

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmas2 View Post
I traded another warrior forum pal my supreme legend contols for stock. I went to mount the stock controls and noticed the bolts connecting to the frame seem to big to big. They go into a little way then stop. I have double checked to make sure they are going in strait and they are. These controls came off an 07 and mine is an 04. Does anyone know the correct bolt size for the foot controls off an 04? Let me save some time and also say that I have checked the Yamaha parts book. It shows the 07 had a different part number but now the same as the 04. So, hopefully someone knows the bolt size.
The OEM peg support brackets all use a modified button head bolt, M10 - 1.25p x 50 mm lg w/0.695" head dia or 18mm nominal O.D.
This is a very difficult fastener to find in button hd but is available in soc hd from McMaster-Carr in DIN 12.9 black oxide or can be ordered from the dealer.

Taken from an earlier thd: Re: New spacers for your Supreme, Barons or Phat Warrior forward controls are coming next week!

- Starting System
&

&

alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

The controlls came off my bike and im almost sure they are the correct bolts, as I took them off a few days before. I wont be able to look at the bolts that came with the other controlls as im out of state for work but when I get home it will be one of the first things I do. Onlt thing I can think of is that maybe the bolts he had with the ledeges were wrong and now the threads are screwed up. Any help that others can give would be great because Im usless right now.
gun-runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I checked the threads and they are all good. The bolts your getting gun-runner are much longer due to the spacers that came off the bike with the controls. I'm baffled. I sent the question on ask a question.com and same thing. 10mm by 1.25. I took a bolt off right next to the foot bracket bolt (from the left side) and although much longer it fits perfect.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

gun runner, I just checked all the threads on my bike and they are messed up. So, looks like this may be on my end the mess up. I just purchased the bike so I did not put these on. So, make sure you check your bolts to make sure they are correct and I will be more than happy to pay for the correct ones if you like. SORRY. Also, does anyone know what type of tap I would need to tap for the correct bolts? I think if I can just re-tap the holes I would be fine, but who knows.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would think your tap is 10mm by 1.25 right? You need to be REALLY careful though, it's aluminum, so you may be screwed. However, all is not lost. You could put an extra long bolt through (after tapping) and put a nut on it on the other side-I believe they go all the way through (although I may be wrong)...

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Great advise. Yes, it does go all the way thru. I should have thought of this. Thanks so much. Problem solved. Question, has anyone tried the DYI air/fuel adjustment by tapping into the 27/29 wires. Will this really work. Sound like the old way of just adjusting a screw on a carb but this is just electronically. Suggestions without paying for a tuner.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Here you go:

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/21-h...just-pics.html

I haven't done this, but it's a tried and true method. I believe this thread also shows how to make a permanent switch to use when you want to adjust the ECU. If not, there's a thread out there, just look at the popular mods link...

LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion